Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, has anyone migrated to Oz by themselves? Reason I ask is I recently split up with my ex as she didn't want to come with me. On one hand I want to stay here as I miss the ex a lot and figure happiness is more important. On the other hand I want to still go to Oz as that's always been my dream. I have visited before and love the place, plus I now have a permanent visa.

The lifestyle, weather and standard of living in Oz suit me really well. Can't say the same about the UK although my friends and family are here plus I would be with my ex of 2 plus years. If anyone else has been in a similar situation any advise would be great (flight due to leave October 5th).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Dude, all depends on your age.

Hi Guys, has anyone migrated to Oz by themselves? Reason I ask is I recently split up with my ex as she didn't want to come with me. On one hand I want to stay here as I miss the ex a lot and figure happiness is more important. On the other hand I want to still go to Oz as that's always been my dream. I have visited before and love the place, plus I now have a permanent visa.

The lifestyle, weather and standard of living in Oz suit me really well. Can't say the same about the UK although my friends and family are here plus I would be with my ex of 2 plus years. If anyone else has been in a similar situation any advise would be great (flight due to leave October 5th).

·
Registered
413 Posts
In my opinion, first priority should be to settle down in life, you will have 5 years to use your PR.

If you think you can find someone in Australia then I think it is better to move on.

As far as migrating alone is concerned, lot of people are migrating alone - not limited to Australia. Even in UK. US people are migrating alone in their 20's.

Just my view.

PS: I would be in similar situation after my GRANT by this month end.

You think?? 32

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? May I ask if it's leaving a loved one and then heading over yourself? Or are you just leaving yourself and having to deal with the issues that brings??

·
Registered
413 Posts
Really? May I ask if it's leaving a loved one and then heading over yourself? Or are you just leaving yourself and having to deal with the issues that brings??
I do not have loved one. Also, I don't think I will find one in Australia. So, would delay my migration I guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your loved one cant simply leave everything and move with you, then that isn't a one sided love dear? (I am not judging here, just making a point because thats what you want from us?)

No one can give you solid advice, only you know your situation better than all of us "internet-buddies" here, so it's your call! Its Family time vs your life-style preferences I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts