Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner is British & I applied for a settlement visa near the end of April to join him in the UK.

As part of our supporting documents, we included his passport along with mine (we had several visas granted in conjunction/on the same days in New Zealand, so we thought it would be good evidence for our relationship). These are still at the processing centre with the rest of our documentation and we have no idea when they will be returned.

However, his nan is unwell and we are worried that he might need to make an emergency trip to the UK from NZ. Does anyone have any advice with how to deal with this situation? He would need to be able to get to the UK from NZ & back again.

Would we have to request all of our documents be sent back to us, or should he request an emergency travel document from the British embassy? My only worry is that his passport has not expired, and is not lost/stolen or full, so unsure if they would grant him an emergency document.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
It's unfortunate you sent his British passport with the application, it wasn't necessary to send anything but a copy of the bio pages. I don't think you can request specific documents back without withdrawing your application, but you could try writing/calling I suppose

·
Registered
39,246 Posts
They may make an exception for serious compassionate reasons, so it's worth asking just for the return of his passport while your application stays in the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.