Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is here in the UK on a fiance visa they got married already and they've only started booking for appointment yesterday. Her visa will expire July 31. They couldn't get appointment dates for this month anymore. The available dates are from August 2 onwards.

They booked their appointment for August 9 which by then her visa has expired. Is that gonna be a problem or not?

I hope someone can clarify this. My friend is panicking atm.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes, it'll be an issue- you're looking at a possible refusal!

As nctami has said, go for postal. If you've got all the supporting documents ready, fill up the latest paper form (April 2017) and post it. The date you're posting will be the date of application.

Though the postal application takes at least 4 weeks for an answer, say you were successful and got the visa, your new visa will be dated from the 1st Aug.

Good luck

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it really a problem? Shame, they've paid for all the fees already.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is it really a problem? Shame, they've paid for all the fees already.

The appointment date is taken as date of application, by that, if you attend an appointment after the visa expired then you have over stayed.

And not that it helps, but booking 6 days before the expiry date was a little wishful thinking.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Sorry, sometimes "that was a mistake" is the only real answer. There's no detriment to applying by post, the UK doesn't have a 'grace period' for applications made out-of-time anymore. It would be invalid.

They did have half a year to get this sorted, I've no idea why they would wait until the very end of the visa to get this done

·
Registered
480 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.