Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we need to provide a couple emails for evidence that my husband and I were keeping in contact whilst apart. I have several I want to include that I think will show just how much we love each other and how much we missed one another.

However, as expected in any email between lovers there tends to be a couple parts in the emails I would consider to be "private".

Can I black these lines out and still include the email as evidence? Will this effect anything? If I can, how do I explain what I have done in a professional manner?

Or should I search longer for emails that do not contain anything "private"?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I know we need to provide a couple emails for evidence that my husband and I were keeping in contact whilst apart. I have several I want to include that I think will show just how much we love each other and how much we missed one another.

However, as expected in any email between lovers there tends to be a couple parts in the emails I would consider to be "private".

Can I black these lines out and still include the email as evidence? Will this effect anything? If I can, how do I explain what I have done in a professional manner?

Or should I search longer for emails that do not contain anything "private"?

Thank you!
They don't care about email content. They don't care how much you love and miss each other. They are more concerned that you have kept in contact whilst apart throughout your relationship. All you need to send is screen shots of email logs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They don't care about email content. They don't care how much you love and miss each other. They are more concerned that you have kept in contact whilst apart throughout your relationship. All you need to send is screen shots of email logs.
Hi nyclon,

Got the same problem. But our chat conversation sometimes was not in English. We are chatting in our own language (national language - filipino). Is this ok or do I need to translate into English?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Provided the sender and receiver's details and the dates are in English, no need to translate the contents. Indeed don't include contents at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok thanks a lot Joppa. We have a lot of pictures as well here in my iPhone. Do I need to print in a hard copy or just in a bond paper can do?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's best to print out on photo paper, but copies can be on bond/office paper.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Provided the sender and receiver's details and the dates are in English, no need to translate the contents. Indeed don't include contents at all.

Just had to intrude on this thread. Do chat logs for instant messenger services need translating then?

My wife's name on that wasn't always in English and was prone to change now and again, what needs to be done about these logs?

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Only submit those communication records that are in English?
Haha, let me rephrase that. Her user name was never in English unless she probably copied mine thinking it was funny!

It's probably also safe to say that the only consistent English content throughout the logs would be one sided.

Therefore if the content isn't actually that important, do the logs still need to be translated?

·
Registered
258 Posts
So just to clarify, with instant messenger chat logs, assuming the user names aren't in English, nor is a lot of the content, these will need to be translated by a certified translator?

Also, is there anything that needs to be done regarding ever changing user names?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just another something that comes to mind...

With chat logs, do you print off the text or just screen shot pages?

Then with these chat logs/phone logs, do you need to some how prove that it is indeed you?

·
Registered
924 Posts
No need to remove anything from your mail box. or if you want to hide from any other so you can do that but first take a permission from them.
All you have to do is sort your messages, then copy and paste the lines you need onto a new Word document. No need to include any that aren't between the 2 of you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.