Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have read on the UKBA website that if i have not had an answer to our visa application after 3 weeks i can contact worldbridge, so that is what i did, this is my response: Can someone shed any light to what it means,

Dear applicant,

Thank you for contacting worldbridge services, We appreciate your patience regarding to the response to your enquiry as Worldbridge strives the most accurate response to all enquries. Below you will find a the response to your enquiry.

Urgent and compassionate cases:

Relationship:
parents
husband/wife
sister/brother
first cousin
nephew/niece
sister
unmarried partner (lived 2 years)

Please send this information directly to the High commision in Kingston.

I have not applied or ever applied on the grounds of compassionate, and obviously this does not give me any indication at all, has anyone else has this response as to me it seems irrelevant to my email that i sent. It says on the UKBA website that 95% of applications are seen to within 3 weeks.

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I emailed Worldbridge to ask if the priority visa service was available in Cairo as they were taking payments and allowing bookings for it online but a banner on the site said it was suspended, so which was correct?

They replied with exactly the same start as your email response and then said

In regards to your question, we would like to let you know that due to the nature of your request it is being escalated for detailed research. Please be informed that we understand the importance of your issue, and we strive to respond as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

I thought it was quite a simple question but obviously not. I have emailed about three different things and got unrelated/ strange answers back, so I share that experience of them with you unfortunately.

Best of luck for getting a response relating to your question from them :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't understand why i would get a response like this when it is not relevant to me question

Goodluck to you also, i hope the outcome is possitive

·
Registered
104 Posts
It happened to me yesterday. I asked about my spousal visa and they replied about general visa.

Do contact them again with the same reference and they will shake their head before answering you.

Do not expect too much as the answer they give won't be very helpfull.

Good luck

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think you are looking at the wrong processing times unfortunately!
Settlement visas data is in the last section...

60 days - 89%
90 days - 100%

The people you email are employed by Worldbridge so anything more than the standard information on the UKBA sites will need to be sent to the embassy for a correct response. Re-send your query.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I emailed WorldBridge a few times to ask which priority service to use. I wanted to buy their product!! But they emailed with similarly vague responses.

If I were to guess, they want us to call them at $3/minute instead of emailing for free.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I emailed WorldBridge a few times to ask which priority service to use. I wanted to buy their product!! But they emailed with similarly vague responses.

If I were to guess, they want us to call them at $3/minute instead of emailing for free.
I have never read of a single instance here where anyone got any useful help or information whatsoever from either emailing or calling WorldBridge. I would strongly recommend saving yourself the aggravation or cost.

Reactions: Bargainista

·
Registered
52 Posts
This thread is 7 months old.
Is it no longer relevant?

On another forum (nothing to do with Expats or anything), administrators welcome people who search for old threads on relevant topics and they suggest adding to them, perhaps bringing them up to date, as opposed to starting a brand new thread on every question that has been asked a hundred times before.

Are you suggesting it is not useful to comment on old threads, potentially supplying new information for people electing to use the search function over starting new topics?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Migration law, policy and procedure changes so frequently that it is actually unhelpful to post on some old threads. Many people then think the information contained is current and make their application based on outdated information, risking rejection.

Other forums, where lots of money and peoples lives are not on the line can do as they wish.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No problem. Thanks for the info.

I still believe that some people, like me, who have been researching a while can benefit from an old thread being updated with current information.

There's a valuable search function on this site which allows access to lots of information. Knowing which information is still current and which is outdated can be valuable to people who prefer to search over posting their own threads.

Anyway. I'll no longer post on old threads.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
This forum works differently. We have just one forum for each country, not subdivided into application types, and we don't have (not on UK forum) 'stickies' - threads on popular subjects that people add their own experience to, other than one about visa application timeline. Our method makes it easier for newbies to post a query (because they often don't know under which subsection their query relates to) and keeps the topics up to date.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are correct. And most forums don't have the benefit of very attentive and knowledgeable moderators, like the ones here. This is truly a great resource. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.