Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this email May 27, 2015 just a notice that my Application is in que for my Marriage visitor Visa.

Also i will be picking my passport up from the Toronto office on Bloor

*PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL AS THE MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED*

Dear Applicant,

This email serves to confirm that UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) New York has received your visa application. Your application has been placed in queue for assessment and decision by an officer.

If the officer considering your application needs further information, you may be contacted by phone or email. We therefore request that you continue to monitor this email account frequently until your application has been decided.

When an officer makes a decision, you will receive an email containing the outcome of your application as well as shipping information regarding the return of your documents.

Regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
New York

FAQ

Q: How long will the process take?
A: UK Visas and Immigration aims to process visa applications within 15 business days of receipt. If we anticipate that we will not be able to decide your visa application within our 15 business day target, we will inform you by email. We recommend that you do not purchase travel until you have received back your passport and visa. Please note that we do not accept responsibility for financial loss incurred if the visa application process takes longer than expected and we do not fast-track applications solely due to planned date of travel.

If you have purchased priority service your application has been placed at the front of the queue and will be assessed ahead of all non priority applications.

Average processing times for visa applications received this week are:
Standard processing - Non-Settlement Applications: 14 working days.
Priority processing - Non-Settlement Applications: 5 working days.
Current and forecasted delays: None to report.

Is your company considering an expansion to the UK?
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) provides free and confidential advice - including company set up, bespoke market research, support on regulatory issues and more. Contact: [email protected] or visit: www.gov.uk/ukti

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a standard stock email and means the envelope is opened, I think :) I got an email just like it today but varied slightly since I can't pick up my documents. Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not really from an ECO, its from the UKVI customer care reps.
I also don't think it means the envelope has been opened or whatever TWL wrote, it just means it's on a pile with other applications and an ECO will assess it when the time comes for it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And when is the time, like how would they know what has to be done within the time frame.or the reps put them in what time they are supposed to be done..eh. .3 week 30 days

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not really from an ECO, its from the UKVI customer care reps.
I also don't think it means the envelope has been opened or whatever TWL wrote, it just means it's on a pile with other applications and an ECO will assess it when the time comes for it.
My guess on the open envelope is based on the fact that with it closed, that wouldn't have my application number and proper name.
In addition, I got another email requesting something else today, they likely wouldn't have asked without opening the envelope.
But your guess is as good as mine, just more dismissive. Lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
And when is the time, like how would they know what has to be done within the time frame.or the reps put them in what time they are supposed to be done..eh. .3 week 30 days
the reps must be guessing without opening the envelopes? Ha

·
Registered
57 Posts
Customer service reps have nothing to do with your application, they're based either in the UK or by my guess given the strange timings of some of the replies I've got and the distinctly Indian names of all the reps who've replied to me, outsourced from India.

Your details including your name and app number were put online when you applied...

If you want to check the average processing times over the last month for different visas google visa processing times UK.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Customer service reps have nothing to do with your application, they're based either in the UK or by my guess given the strange timings of some of the replies I've got and the distinctly Indian names of all the reps who've replied to me, outsourced from India.

Your details including your name and app number were put online when you applied...

If you want to check the average processing times over the last month for different visas google visa processing times UK.
You've missed my point. I applied online. Then I mailed a large packet of documents to them. The outside of the envelope has no indication of my identification number, which type of visa I have applied for etc. to link the received documents to the online application would require opening the envelope.
I said it was a generic/stock email, that is very obvious, but that my opinion is that considering the above listed facts, and that the email has changeable factor such as estimated processing times, and my name and application number, I personally think they open envelopes to determine that.
I know that it's generic and not indicative of the exact processing times or any personal decision. I just applied some logic. I also know how to check the processing times online, that wasn't really the question. I don't believe any reps names or whether you're presuming they're located have anything to do with the question or statements made.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You've missed my point. I applied online. Then I mailed a large packet of documents to them. The outside of the envelope has no indication of my identification number, which type of visa I have applied for etc. to link the received documents to the online application would require opening the envelope.
I said it was a generic/stock email, that is very obvious, but that my opinion is that considering the above listed facts, and that the email has changeable factor such as estimated processing times, and my name and application number, I personally think they open envelopes to determine that.
I know that it's generic and not indicative of the exact processing times or any personal decision. I just applied some logic. I also know how to check the processing times online, that wasn't really the question. I don't believe any reps names or whether you're presuming they're located have anything to do with the question or statements made.
Your online application already has those details...i.e the GWF number and the kind of visa. At least mine did, that's how you start the online application process, by selecting a visa type and then that GWF number is automatically generated. That's how it went with mine maybe applications in other countries follow a different protocol, though I doubt it. So its all on the system once you complete the online bit. If I'm still missing your point...its no big deal, was just giving my 2cts from what I understood.

Eh...the rest of my reply wasn't directed at you, it was at ejw, he asked about how the reps put the files in order so I was explaining they have nothing to do with the applications, they're likely not reps stationed at each UKVI hub, they're at one main centre, so they only go by what is on the system.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently in canada you can't. It's a given I found the site but it comes up with errors..I know from what the email says it takes 20 days..mmmm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Apparently in canada you can't. It's a given I found the site but it comes up with errors..I know from what the email says it takes 20 days..mmmm
I don't know what part of Canada you're in but I put in Toronto, don't think it matters much which city you apply from really. For April, application processing speeds on average were.
42%- 10 days
50%- 15 days
96%- 30days
100%-60 days

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My application was done online printed, and taken with for appointment. Having said that, from my understanding it's letting me know they have received it and it's in queue for processing which is the next phase of the process. The office on bloor and bay after the biometrics put the information in and wrote visa on it, that's what I. Know

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ECO Email

I seriously thought my Application went form Bay st, in Toronto to New York, or am i worng..Thats what i was told..but then again nothing makes sense to me. Its only been nine days seems like forever...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your online application already has those details...i.e the GWF number and the kind of visa. At least mine did, that's how you start the online application process, by selecting a visa type and then that GWF number is automatically generated. That's how it went with mine maybe applications in other countries follow a different protocol, though I doubt it. So its all on the system once you complete the online bit. If I'm still missing your point...its no big deal, was just giving my 2cts from what I understood.

Eh...the rest of my reply wasn't directed at you, it was at ejw, he asked about how the reps put the files in order so I was explaining they have nothing to do with the applications, they're likely not reps stationed at each UKVI hub, they're at one main centre, so they only go by what is on the system.
Got it. hanks for clarifying what you meant. I know that they issue a GWF number at that time, I just figured they couldn't have known
that the sealed envelope matched an assigned number until they opened it :)
I seriously thought my Application went form Bay st, in Toronto to New York, or am i worng..Thats what i was told..but then again nothing makes sense to me. Its only been nine days seems like forever...
I hope the waiting is over soon for you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.