Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got my PR (subclass 190). I will be traveling with my family (wife & a 6 mon old) on Feb -14 (for 2 weeks). But I will finally move to AUS on Oct-14.

Now, I need to know if I am eligible for Baby Bonus. If so, then can I apply it on my Feb-14 visit?

-zahid

G

·
No because you must, including child, be physically resident in Australia. That aside baby bonus is abolished from March.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No because you must, including child, be physically resident in Australia. That aside baby bonus is abolished from March.
thanks _shel. so, its clear that I can avail the benefit from Oct-2014, when I will be living regularly.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
by baby bonus do you mean family tax benefit? where you get a fortnightly payment for the baby/child?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dunno why my earlier post was removed!:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Anjali....

I'll be moving in Jan with wifey & two kids (6 yrs & 1 yr). What kind of tax benefits or are available. I heard about a fortnightly payment but couldn't get proper info / links on the web. Can you pls share,

Thanks a ton...
Soumyo

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
check centrelink website please. the details are in there

·
Registered
149 Posts
Baby Bonus

No because it will no longer exist from march 2014! It has been abolished due to people rorting the system.
@Shel......i dont think u r right, the accurate should be babies born on or after 1st march 2014 would not get the bonus. but he previously born babies should get the bonus.

G

·
@Shel......i dont think u r right, the accurate should be babies born on or after 1st march 2014 would not get the bonus. but he previously born babies should get the bonus.
@you (this is not twitter!) No you can not if you are not resident in Australia! Babies living in India dont qualify even if a parent is in Australia.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.