Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to these forums, and so far I've found information aplenty and that's really quite helpful. Just wanted to ask a question since I didn't really find an answer for it.

How do I figure out if I'm required to take the IELTS before I apply to ACS for an invite?
I've been going through their website but I wasn't able to find the relevant section. Thanks for your help
Abhinaya

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
ACS doesn't require IELTS. To save time, you can do both IELTS and assessment in parallel.

Reactions: alwaysonnet

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm new to these forums, and so far I've found information aplenty and that's really quite helpful. Just wanted to ask a question since I didn't really find an answer for it.

How do I figure out if I'm required to take the IELTS before I apply to ACS for an invite?
I've been going through their website but I wasn't able to find the relevant section. Thanks for your help
Abhinaya
Abhinaya, ACS or any other assessing body don't care about your English efficiency, which is IELTS many a times! It is better to take IELTS on parallel, just to save time!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Abhinaya, ACS or any other assessing body don't care about your English efficiency, which is IELTS many a times! It is better to take IELTS on parallel, just to save time!
hi buddy,

yes, obviously it is a great idea to prepare for IELTS and sit for it along waiting waiting for skills assessment from ACS concurrently which will save precious time.

Try to aim at 7 bands in each section of IELTS to get 10 points for english skills. This will enhance your overall points eventually the chances of getting the invitation and visa soon.

Regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
199 Posts
hi buddy,

yes, obviously it is a great idea to prepare for IELTS and sit for it along waiting waiting for skills assessment from ACS concurrently which will save precious time.

Try to aim at 7 bands in each section of IELTS to get 10 points for english skills. This will enhance your overall points eventually the chances of getting the invitation and visa soon.

Regards,
sathiya
Dude, I never seen any authentic reports that state that IELTS points (min 10) will accelerate the invitation and visa process soon,,, that will just helps to get more than a min 60 points. Seniors, any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Dude, I never seen any authentic reports that state that IELTS points (min 10) will accelerate the invitation and visa process soon,,, that will just helps to get more than a min 60 points. Seniors, any suggestion?
Buddy,

you misunderstood the information i conveyed. see, there are 6 occupations that follow a stringent strategy top select candidates and undoubtedly scoring 7/8 bands in each section of IELTS is one of the effective ways to get the invite soon as it is true that the more points you have, the sooner you will get an invite.

This is absolutely ideal to these 6 occupations such as software engineering, telecom engineering, electronics engineering, ICT business systems analyst to name yet a few. I saw many people holding 60 points with less than 7 bands in each section, have been waiting for so long. If they are able to get 7 bands in each section, undoubtedly, they will ge the invites as their overall points scores will be enhanced to 70.

Just go through DIAC's website or other threads like EOI submitted club etc to elucidate this position.

Sathiya

·
Registered
173 Posts
Abhinaya, ACS or any other assessing body don't care about your English efficiency, which is IELTS many a times!
Thats not fully true Arunvas.

Engineers Australia requires your IELTS score for starting the assessment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, that does clarify a lot for me.
From what I understood, IELTS helps me get those extra 10 points for English proficiency which will add to my score and help me get an invite faster.

Regards,
Abhinaya

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buddy,

you misunderstood the information i conveyed. see, there are 6 occupations that follow a stringent strategy top select candidates and undoubtedly scoring 7/8 bands in each section of IELTS is one of the effective ways to get the invite soon as it is true that the more points you have, the sooner you will get an invite.

This is absolutely ideal to these 6 occupations such as software engineering, telecom engineering, electronics engineering, ICT business systems analyst to name yet a few. I saw many people holding 60 points with less than 7 bands in each section, have been waiting for so long. If they are able to get 7 bands in each section, undoubtedly, they will ge the invites as their overall points scores will be enhanced to 70.

Just go through DIAC's website or other threads like EOI submitted club etc to elucidate this position.

Sathiya
Hi sathiyaseelan,

Could you provide any links that shed any more light on this?

BR,
Abhinaya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi sathiyaseelan,

Could you provide any links that shed any more light on this?

BR,
Abhinaya
Hi abhinaya,

i sent you a PM and just revert back to me.

I could clarify you exactly what is the relation between IELTS scores and waiting time for invite and visa.

Below link will give you an insight into this.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...3-6-occupations-eoi-tracker-sub-class189.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ssion-june-onwards-60-pointers-join-here.html

Could you elaborate your current occupation. What are your current responsibilities and to whom you need to submit your credentials for getting skills assessment?

Then, i could tell you exactly which will work out for you.

Regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks guys, that does clarify a lot for me.
From what I understood, IELTS helps me get those extra 10 points for English proficiency which will add to my score and help me get an invite faster.

Regards,
Abhinaya
Yes, you are absolutely right and again this depends on many other factors as well. But, if your total scores are equal to or more than 65 points with 7/8 BANDS in each section of IELTS, then, immediate invite is a reality.

Sathiya

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Sathiya,

For some reason, I wasn't able to send you a PM on these forums, I've added you to my friend list however, maybe once you accept, I might be able to send you PMs.
Thanks a lot for your help. Please do let me know how to privately contact you and I can send you that data.

BR,
Abhinaya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

For some reason, I wasn't able to send you a PM on these forums, I've added you to my friend list however, maybe once you accept, I might be able to send you PMs.
Thanks a lot for your help. Please do let me know how to privately contact you and I can send you that data.

BR,
Abhinaya
Hi abhinaya,

i just now dropped a visitor message to you. I understand your issue, however, i didn't get any request to be friend on expat forum.

Regards,
sathiya

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

BR,
Abhinaya
Hello Abhinaya,

Post one more message here in this forum, you will be able to send private message to anyone :)

The logic is, it requires minimum 5 posts in threads for a new user in order to be eligible to send a PM to anyone. Try and let me know.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi guys,

Abhinaya
ACS and IELTS are two different entities and each of these doesn't require the other's document or anything.

You can take IELTS anytime you want :) And you can apply for ACS anytime you want if you have the relevant documents to apply for :)

All the best.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hello Abhinaya,

Post one more message here in this forum, you will be able to send private message to anyone :)

The logic is, it requires minimum 5 posts in threads for a new user in order to be eligible to send a PM to anyone. Try and let me know.

Best regards,
JR
Hi jr,

wow, what an intelligent person you are (LOL)?. I just forgot to mention this while replying to abhinaya. I think that after interacting with intelligent and handsome guy (like me, ha ha ha), your knowledge has been witnessing upward trend. Now, you became as sharp as tack (LOL)..

Sathiya

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi jr,

wow, what an intelligent person you are (LOL)?. I just forgot to mention this while replying to abhinaya. I think that after interacting with intelligent and handsome guy (like me, ha ha ha), your knowledge has been witnessing upward trend. Now, you became as sharp as tack (LOL)..

Sathiya
HaHa :) Hey we miss your favourite "ha ha ha" :p Put that for all of us haha.

Well indeed you are an attractive piece in the forum ;)

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, Here goes nothing!! This post should enable me to send messages to other people on this forum.
THanks a lot guys!
@Sathiya, I shall be PMing you when I am able to do so to discuss more about my situation. Thanks in advance for being so helpful man!
BR,
Abhinaya

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello Abhinaya,

Best regards,
JR
Hey jre,

looks like that worked, I'm able to send PMs now.
Thanks bud!
BR,
Abhinaya

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, there is a lot of information shared by you. Thanks. Any tips for AIM assessment

Cheers,
Hemanth Mathad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts