Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Lordy,
I have sooooo many questions, dont know where to start.

In a nutshell. Met my partner online. im south african in south africa and he is british in united kingdom. Going to get married. Decided to get married, but not certain what to do where, what, how and why. Feel like a headless chicken.

So, yes, we are to be married, when depends on.....well, I guess the information we gather as to what is best, easier etc...

Im assuming the Spouse visa is the route to go...as I would need to support myself and my children in term of being able to work.

Im confused because I see there is a seperate Spouse Visa for members of Armed Forces. He is a reserve. Would this apply to us and why or what is so different between the two apps?

Costs......
I need to know visa costs, taking into account I have two children that will be included.
Cost of health care surcharge
I believe state schools are for free
And then, I need to be able to supply evidence that I have funds to support myself and children of ? for how long?

Is there anything Im missing?

So grateful to anyone with any kind of assistance.

Many Thanks

Candy

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
If you are applying for a settlement visa (either as a fiance (where you marry in the UK and then apply for a spouse visa after the marriage), or as a spouse (where you marry somewhere else) then it is your intended spouse/spouse who has to provide the financial resources in order for you to apply for the visa.

That mean he will need to be earning 24,800 GBP per annum to sponsor you and the children or have in excess of 78,000 GBP in savings if no income.

Read the following document to see how he qualifies:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

In addition you need to show relationship and accommodation requirements.

Visa fees are around 2,000 GBP depending on which route you go.

Public schools are free for legal residents.

Don't know info regarding separate visa for armed forces.

I you have not physically met, then you won't obtain a visa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crawford,

Thank you, for the information you provided.
It is a daunting excercise.
I would like to check that I understand you correctly....If I go over on a fiance visa, we can marry there, then I can apply for a spouse visa....but I then provided the necessary financials from my side (which I prefer) but if we get married outside the UK they want his financials, I think im getting my lines crossed eeecck.

Thanks Joppa, was not sure

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you come to the UK on a fiance visa you can't work until after you are married and have applied for (& been granted) the FLR(M) visa.
So to apply for the FLR(M) visa after the fiance visa, you would still be using your sponsors financial situation (job) in the UK.
So both visa routes rely entirely on your sponsors UK financial situation, not your financial situation.

*(Unless you are doing savings route with 78000 GBP +)

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Crawford,

Thank you, for the information you provided.
It is a daunting excercise.
I would like to check that I understand you correctly....If I go over on a fiance visa, we can marry there, then I can apply for a spouse visa....but I then provided the necessary financials from my side (which I prefer) but if we get married outside the UK they want his financials, I think im getting my lines crossed eeecck.

Thanks Joppa, was not sure

Whether you get married outside of UK and then apply for the married spouse visa OR enter the UK as a fiance, marry, and then apply for the spouse visa from within the UK, it is your partner's finances which are relevant, not yours. He has to show that he meets the financial requirements.

Your income does not count.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, i understand what is required, I don't understand why its his financial situation but it is what it is lol. Where does the 78000 pounds come into play, I mean how do they work this out. Sorry, but I like to understand fully.

and THANKS!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Read the document I gave you a link to, as it provides all the details as to how your sponsor can qualify under the financial requirements.

The 78k is the amount in savings he will need to have to cover the initial 2.5 years of the visa if he does not have any income.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The difference between to the two amounts is:
1) How much he EARNS
2) How much Savings required if he does not work (AKA the SAVINGS route).
(and not mentioned is 3) A combination of the two if HE does not EARN enough.
See the link previously provided.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.