Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I would like to create this thread to welcome discussion for Electronics Engineers who applied for VISA 189 and 190 round 2017-2018.

My data is as follows:

Electronics Engineer:
  • Qualification: 15 points.
  • Relevant exp.: 10 points.
  • PTE: 10 points
    => 65 for 189
    EOI DOE: 31-Jul-2017

Welcome for joining :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi,
have you done your skills assessment by EA?

Hi guys,

I would like to create this thread to welcome discussion for Electronics Engineers who applied for VISA 189 and 190 round 2017-2018.

My data is as follows:

Electronics Engineer:
    => 65 for 189

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,
have you done your skills assessment by EA?
I received skill assessment in May 2017, with relevant skilled exp.

How about you bro?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi
I am looking for Visa 189/190 for migration to Australia.
My Details are as under:
D.O.B: 05 October 1984
Education: B.E. Electronics (University of Pune) in 2006
MBA-Marketing and IT (University of Pune) in 2009

Work Experience: Bank for past 8 years (Customer service, Relationship Manager, Branch Head)

Can I apply for visa 189/190 under ANZSCO: 233411 Electronics Engineer ?

I can score 60 for 189; and 65 in visa 190.
Do you think these points score will be sufficient or not?
Will there be any problems in EA assessment since there is a gap after my education BE graduation since 2006????

Please guide,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
I am looking for Visa 189/190 for migration to Australia.
My Details are as under:
D.O.B: 05 October 1984
Education: B.E. Electronics (University of Pune) in 2006
MBA-Marketing and IT (University of Pune) in 2009

Work Experience: Bank for past 8 years (Customer service, Relationship Manager, Branch Head)

Can I apply for visa 189/190 under ANZSCO: 233411 Electronics Engineer ?

I can score 60 for 189; and 65 in visa 190.
Do you think these points score will be sufficient or not?
Will there be any problems in EA assessment since there is a gap after my education BE graduation since 2006????

Please guide,
Hi rahulddam,
I would like to share my experience.
1/ I think 60 is sufficient but you may wait a bit longer before receiving an invitation.
2/ Education gap: it is not a matter because gaps were within my BE, MA, and PhD too, and EA counted as I worked between these gaps. Also, it depends on which qualification you want to use for qualification. It appears to me that you want to use your BE for qualification so my answer is if you work between BE and MA, it's fine.

Reactions: JLM-House

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks.
In my case:
Degree BE in 2006
MBA 2009
Irrelevant work ex since 2009 till date

Hi rahulddam,
1/ I think 60 is sufficient but you may wait a bit longer before receiving an invitation.
2/ Education gap: it is not a matter because gaps were within my BE, MA, and PhD too, and EA counted as I worked between these gaps. Also, it depends on which qualification you want to use for qualification. It appears to me that you want to use your BE for qualification so my answer is if you work between BE and MA, it's fine.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi guys,

My data is as follows:

Electronics Engineer:
    => 65 for 189

Dude .. keep trying with PTE. Best wishes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: drtvskuthsav

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello

With 75 an invite is sure shot BUT you won't be able to use it without actually scoring 79+ in all PTE sections.
Thanks for your advice.

It's L:79, R:87, S:88, W:90

So I think it's equivalent.

Reactions: drtvskuthsav

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi rahulddam,

But I realised that Electronics Engineer - 233411 is categorised as pro rata occupation that cut off at 70 pts for the previous invitation round of subclass 189.

Meaning even the applicant has 60 or 65 pts, he/she is unlikely to be invited unless the cut off pts is being reduced.

I have calculated that I could only achieved 60 pts at most if i apply for subclass 190.

1) Wonder anyone can advise if the cut off pts for subclass 190 is still maintained at 60? or share the same pro rata cut off pts of 70 with subclass 189?

2) Also, which state is nominating subclass 190 for Electronics Engineer - 233411?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello All,
I applied EOI on 1st September 2017 with 60 points for 189, Electronics Engineer,
language: 10
Work Ex: 5
Education: 15
Total: 60

I know it takes very long for 60 points. I am not in hurry and would be happy if I get invite before April-2018. May I know when I can expect invite? Should I wait for PCC and medical until I get invited, or should I start the process now? Please let me know. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Folks,

Need some help here, please.

This is for my brother. I have PR and want to sponsor him.
He completed his engineering in Electronics and Electrical in 2012 and after a year's gap (not working), completed his MBA in marketing and operations in 2015.

His first job was in IT but now his profile involves handling commercial contracts at airport.

I am wondering if he should apply for skill assessment as Electronics engineer or should he go for Contracts administrator since that is aligned with his recent most degree. I want to apply for his 189.

Please advise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
can the electronic engineer be assessed as electrical based on their graduation project? if write accordingly the instruction of Anszco?

Hi guys,

My data is as follows:

Electronics Engineer:
    => 65 for 189

1 - 20 of 165 Posts