Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I'm desperately trying to get my bill down. Went to Iberdrola today and they basically offered me a fixed tariff at 0,260936 cent/ kWh for 4 months up to 0,326170 cent/ kWh after 4 months. It was all a bit confusing as the person was speaking through a mask and I'm not that good at the specific vocab for explaining these types of things. Is it a good deal? I"ve just spent the morning trying to decipher my Dec bill but whilst I understand most of the breakdown I cant see how the get my Coste de la energía as that just appears as a radom price onto which the rest of the breakdown is added. December I used 182 kwh and paid 69,08Euros.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I'm desperately trying to get my bill down. Went to Iberdrola today and they basically offered me a fixed tariff at 0,260936 cent/ kWh for 4 months up to 0,326170 cent/ kWh after 4 months. It was all a bit confusing as the person was speaking through a mask and I'm not that good at the specific vocab for explaining these types of things. Is it a good deal? I"ve just spent the morning trying to decipher my Dec bill but whilst I understand most of the breakdown I cant see how the get my Coste de la energía as that just appears as a radom price onto which the rest of the breakdown is added. December I used 182 kwh and paid 69,08Euros.
The only way to reduce your bill, is to use less!

Talk to sicompare.es as they can recommend other providers that are much cheaper than Iberdrola - HOWEVER, all rates are high at the moment and getting higher. 69€ sounds about right for that consumption.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Yes, I'm trying to use less ( I dont have any form of heating!!) it is just that I need to cook before 2
00pm each day and the high rate is very high. Would switching the water heater off during the day and just putting it on at night help? Or would the cost of heating up a whole tank be more than leaving on all the time.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Are the prices Iberdrola quoted you with taxes included, or before taxes are added? They seem high to me.

My supplier is Naturgy, the third largest energy company in Spain after Endesa and Iberdrola (so not some fly by night operation which might easily go bust, they were originally called Fenosa, the natural gas supplier, but the business was rebranded a few years ago). Their website still says the price per kwh (sin impuestos) for their Compromiso tariff, a flat rate which they say is fixed for 24 months, is 0.159509. It's basically the same tariff I have but at the time I took it out there were some additional discounts which are no longer on offer. Same price all day every day so no need to worry about what time you use appliances.

In addition to the comparison site already mentioned, there is also the official Government one and if you input some basic details (from memory, just your postcode and your consumption figures for each of the 3 charging periods, it shows the best tariff for your needs. My usage is not dissimilar to yours and the Naturgy one still comes out best for me.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Spent the last week trying to find out how to deal with my increasing electricity bill. Iberdrola have offered me a fixed tariff. I have been on a couple of other sites etc and basically Endesa offered a slightly better deal but effectively it would only be a saving of around 50 euros a year so not really worth the effort. The offers all had various conditions which meant ending up in the same position later in year or having to continually change provider.No idea how so many folk seem to have no change to their monthly bill or pay less. Spoke to the president in the building who said that he was going to try and encourage people not to use the lift so much as the cost is nearly double!. He said that everyone is feeling the pinch and there is little that can be done other than being more careful with your usage. One day of light is that the cheap rate is much cheaper than before so I am aiming to do all my cooking and washing, ironing etc at weekends and try and be less wasteful during week.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We're with Iberdrola and we're on their 8 hour plan. You get to pick any 8 hours at a reduced rate and the other 16 hours at a more expensive rate and can change the hours anytime online.

We've have our cheap time set for 9am to noon and 6pm to 11pm (total 8 hours), we use most of our electricity during these times. Water heater is on a timer (couple of hours morning/evening), washing done in morning (then out to dry), AC/heating & dishwasher usually on in evening. Oven only used in morning or evening. Everything usually off by 11pm, apart from fridge freezer & TV.

Our unit rates from last bill are 0.1170 euro per kWh for the "cheap" rate and 0.2568 per kWh for the more expensive rate. Obviously the unit rates don't include the meter rental, potencia or all the various taxes.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Naturgy have now increased the price per kwh of their flat rate tariff (called Por Uso) from 0.159509 to 0.171000 (so a very small increase, and they say the new rate is fixed for 3 years). They have not sent me notice that this affects my current deal with them which should last until the end of May, remains to be seen when I get the January bill.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Still trying to figure out all this. Just got my jan bill 155 kwh 70euros. Dec was 195kwh 69,27 euros. Last jan I was 260kwh and it was 69,76 euros. Now I know prices have increased but that seems much larger than I thought. They claim to read my meter twice a month and then break each reading into the 3 different tariffs. Does that mean that they actually come to my building twice a month to do this? I dont have any access to the room where the meters are so I cant check anything. I was wondering if Iberdrola fits personal digital readers for customers as then I could at least monitor things. The worse thing is I havent used any form of heating this year ( just blankets and hot water bottles) and if I did at theses rates I would be paying a fortune.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Still trying to figure out all this. Just got my jan bill 155 kwh 70euros. Dec was 195kwh 69,27 euros. Last jan I was 260kwh and it was 69,76 euros. Now I know prices have increased but that seems much larger than I thought. They claim to read my meter twice a month and then break each reading into the 3 different tariffs. Does that mean that they actually come to my building twice a month to do this? I dont have any access to the room where the meters are so I cant check anything. I was wondering if Iberdrola fits personal digital readers for customers as then I could at least monitor things. The worse thing is I havent used any form of heating this year ( just blankets and hot water bottles) and if I did at theses rates I would be paying a fortune.
If you're on monthly billing then you are probably on a smart meter and your supplier can read your meter remotely.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ahhh...ok. And how can I check the readings? Or can they provide a home reader to show me my consumption?
I am with Iberdrola. Bills via online and there is "a customer area" one can log into to keep a check on usage.
This service should be available to you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts