Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electrical engineers.. When are you planning to fly?:plane: how is the job market? There are heaps of posts where IT professionals discuss about jobs but none for electrical engineers.. Can we all use this thread to exchange our views in this regard?:):welcome:

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello sharoone;

i'm an electrical engineer who plans to move to australia next year. i'm working in LED lighting business right now. As i search jobs online, i often face SCADA or automation jobs. actually don't know much about the current job market since i'm quite far away now :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello sharoone;

i'm an electrical engineer who plans to move to australia next year. i'm working in LED lighting business right now. As i search jobs online, i often face SCADA or automation jobs. actually don't know much about the current job market since i'm quite far away now :)
Hi soda,

Yeah i've also seen many openings for SCADA, automation and control engineers in indeed and seek.com.. :) are u a PR?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi soda,

Yeah i've also seen many openings for SCADA, automation and control engineers in indeed and seek.com.. :) are u a PR?
actually i'm still in my home country right now, working in a company. next year i plan to apply for 476 visa. PR will be the next step after working one year in australia.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good to see an Electrical engineers' thread..may we keep it alive and let us share some useful info.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hello guy

A electrical (instrument and control engineer) here, nice to see you all.
Yes, there are only SCADA PLC HMI jobs for electrical (automation) engineers and they require manufacturing or batch process experience like FMCG sector only. Very few DCS jobs and none for field instrumentation :p
There are plenty of Building electrical engineer jobs (civil construction) which I do not a thing about ;)
Then there are sales engineer jobs for which they require local experience so we cannot count that as of now.

So, far trying my luck from abroad, would be landing soon to explore further

Request to keep the thread alive.

Reactions: thehero

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am electrical engineer. I have more than seven years experience in electrical field. I have recently lost my job. can i apply to dibp on the basis of my previous experience. Further, is it necessary to be working to apply for dibp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts