Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Participation so far down on 2011

14.36 Cataluña registra a esta hora un 32,17% de participación; Madrid, un 34,64%. Se aprecian ligeros descensos frente a 2011.
14.33 La participación registrada a las 14.00 horas alcanza el 34,76%. En 2011 la participación a la misma hora fue del 35,81%, por lo que la participación en estos comicios baja un punto respecto a hace cuatro años. Así lo han explicado la secretaria de Estado de Comunicación, Carmen Martínez de Castro, y el subsecretario de Estado del Ministerio del Interior, Luis Aguilera.
14.28 La participación de voto al Parlamento de Canarias registrada en el primer avance, hasta las 13 horas, se ha situado en el 27,63%, lo que supone un descenso de casi un punto porcentual respecto al dato de hace 4 años, cuando se situó en el 28,34 por ciento.

Directo | elecciones municipales y autonómicas 2015: sondeos y resultados | Economía | Cinco Días

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Steady flow at our local mesas.

Just taking a break from my strenuous work as apoderadosa..(polling station has bar/café attached, saying no more)....

·
Registered
8,346 Posts

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
apoderada??
No, my credential states 'apoderadosa'...

Had lunch, back to work now. I'm really irritated by Brits who come in to vote, seemingly don't know a word of Spanish, don't know how to vote, complain loudly that only one 'official' person here speaks English....
I'd put money on them being the type that would vote for the right-wing candidate wherever they found themselves.
And who no doubt moan about non-English -speaking immigrants being allowed to vote in the UK.
I have a fit of extreme deafness when I see these people looking bewildered and casting around for help...
Can't help myself...:cool:

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Had lunch, back to work now. I'm really irritated by Brits who come in to vote, seemingly don't know a word of Spanish, don't know how to vote, complain loudly that only one 'official' person here speaks English....
I'd put money on them being the type that would vote for the right-wing candidate wherever they found themselves.
And who no doubt moan about non-English -speaking immigrants being allowed to vote in the UK.
I have a fit of extreme deafness when I see these people looking bewildered and casting around for help...
Well, I think you've been given a spelling mistake!

I was number 19 on a list of about 20 foreigners on the voting list at my electoral station. We must be quite evenly distributed amongst the other 3 stations.

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
just heard that 37% of those registered to vote in Jávea had voted by 2pm

A total of 16,272 residents are registered to vote, of whom 12,483 were born in Spain, and 3,789 (about 23%) are of foreign origin, mainly from Europe of course, and some from non-EU countries which have reciprocal voting agreements.

Although the number of people on the padrón has decreased since 2011, the number of registered voters has increased slightly since the last election when it stood at 15,845 voters. Of these 60.8% actually voted.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts

Do they actually know what each of the Spanish Parties stand for, I wonder?

But at least they bother to turn up to vote, which is something I suppose. I've only met one other British person today and when I asked him if he was voting, he looked at me as if I were mad.:(

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In polling station in Madrid my SIL sees police intervene to stop PP playing with voting slips. And they want to be treated seriously??? :(
Define playing with.
When you vote, the paper is inside an envelope and the voter puts it into a transparent box, untouched by the people on the table.
The slips that are put in the envelopes are laid out on tables or in a curtained booth. They are laid out by the people working.
I'm wondering how the PP, or anyone could play with them in a way that would affect voting.

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
PP were denounced here by the PSOE for campaigning after midnight the day before the election, which is illegal. They were caught at 00.45 a.m. putting leaflets on car windows.
what was the outcome?

a couple of our local candidates were 'campaigning' on FB yesterday - not as overtly as in the past two weeks, but still campaigning

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
at one of our polling stations, an observer thought they saw someone put two envelopes in the box

the box was immediately replaced, the envelopes counted - & hey presto there was one more envelope than there should have been

they haven''t actually decided what to do about it yet, apparently......

& in Denia some foreigners have managed to vote in both elections.........

Las incidencias marcan el inicio de la campaña electoral en la Marina Alta . Las Provincias

·
Banned
1,832 Posts
at one of our polling stations, an observer thought they saw someone put two envelopes in the box

the box was immediately replaced, the envelopes counted - & hey presto there was one more envelope than there should have been

Las incidencias marcan el inicio de la campaña electoral en la Marina Alta . Las Provincias
I cannot see why we are not allowed to vote in both as we live here/pay our taxes here ETC. :confused:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Define playing with.
When you vote, the paper is inside an envelope and the voter puts it into a transparent box, untouched by the people on the table.
The slips that are put in the envelopes are laid out on tables or in a curtained booth. They are laid out by the people working.
I'm wondering how the PP, or anyone could play with them in a way that would affect voting.
I have spoken with her and one incident as she saw it was representatives of the PP tried to mix the piles of list forms and then themselves call the police to complain of irregularity.

She says she can see that most representatives are happy and smiling but the PP guys seem very nervous and they are watching them carefully.

Personally I'm amazed people manipulate a few votes. It is unlikely to make much difference. But they do try. But great to see signs of desperation by the PP.

At least my long term unemployed SIL is getting 300 Euros :)

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
I cannot see why we are not allowed to vote in both as we live here/pay our taxes here ETC. :confused:
some who live here & pay taxes can't vote at all

I'd like to vote in all the elections including the nationals - but for now it will just have to be the locals & EU - thems the rules :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
This is my first election in Spain, so I am still learning. Do you always vote for the party and not individual candidates here?

For the mayor Barcelona, it is a close race between the center right incumbent party (CiU) and the newer leftist party (BeC). In the US, close elections usually go to the candidates with the most money which seems to be CiU. I'm interested to see if Spanish elections have any similarity to US elections.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts

At our polling station, the man behind the desk (one of several, each solemnly checking something different:)) took the envelopes from us, presumably to check they were properly sealed and there wasn't more than one, before handing them back to us and uncovering the slot in the box for us to place them inside. The slot stays covered by a sheet of paper until someone wants to put their envelope in the box.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts