Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After escaping from a prison and being on the loose for 12 years I would think they would have cameras on him 24 hours a day, but no, he has a mile long tunnel built, goes for a shower and disappears...I can't wait for the movie to come out and think it's hilarious. Hard to keep a billionaire in jail...

·
Super Moderator
9,002 Posts
After escaping from a prison and being on the loose for 12 years I would think they would have cameras on him 24 hours a day, but no, he has a mile long tunnel built, goes for a shower and disappears...I can't wait for the movie to come out and think it's hilarious. Hard to keep a billionaire in jail...
My former comment still stands, chico, but to each his own, sense of humor, black humor, in your case.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
yes and everyone was conveniently asleep when that happened. I would be that there was a lot more to the escape than a few guards that were threatened and / or paid off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wonder if the DEA had caught him and were holding him in an American jail if there would have been a different outcome. With his money and power I think it would be hard to predict.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Yes it would have been interesting. Considering that 2 criminasl just escaped last month by just manipulating some guards , it would be interesting to see what he would or could do in the States. The story is not over, you never know what will happen next.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
In light of the elaborate nature of the tunnel, was it built for only "one" escape? It seems like over-kill and leading me to think that it had been used for many other reason. Perhaps not for the delivery of four-star restaurant food or a pizza, but perhaps for drugs, cell-phones, etc.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
chicois8[I said:
;7645562]After escaping from a prison and being on the loose for 12 years I would think they would have cameras on him 24 hours a day, but no, he has a mile long tunnel built, goes for a shower and disappears...I can't wait for the movie to come out and think it's hilarious. Hard to keep a billionaire in jail...
[/I]

I agree, Chicois, that this would make a great movie and probably will some day. Too bad the Keystone cops, the Marx Brothers and Peter Sellers are all dead. The human comedy continues and this is one highly amusing episode (( if viewed dispassionately) demonstrative of the almost unbelievable and ubiquitous corruption that is Mexico´s curse these days as well as the curse, more or less, of much of that part of Mother Earth inhabited by humans if a little less obvious in some other poitical jurisdictions

By the way; there is no reason to suppose that the obscene violence perpetrated by the cartel functiories under El Chapo´s leadership will be exacerbated by his new found freedom. The violence may, however, become more focused if his former power has not diminished.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
In light of the elaborate nature of the tunnel, was it built for only "one" escape? It seems like over-kill and leading me to think that it had been used for many other reason. Perhaps not for the delivery of four-star restaurant food or a pizza, but perhaps for drugs, cell-phones, etc.
I don't know if it's overkill considering who it was built for.

I just heard a reporter on CBC news state that when he escaped in 2001, he paid $2.5 million (dollars) to prison staff/guards to aid in that escape (I haven't found any other sources to know how accurate that is, though). The same freelance journalist stated the current fears that he will "re-establish control" over the Sinaloa Cartel are misleading, in that he never lost control as evidenced by this jailbreak.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I don't know if it's overkill considering who it was built for.

I just heard a reporter on CBC news state that when he escaped in 2001, he paid $2.5 million (dollars) to prison staff/guards to aid in that escape (I haven't found any other sources to know how accurate that is, though). The same freelance journalist stated the current fears that he will "re-establish control" over the Sinaloa Cartel are misleading, in that he never lost control as evidenced by this jailbreak.
"... same freelance journalist ... " is probably Anabel Hernadez and she is thought of by some as a conspiracy theorist who is well know to make up many preposterous accusations and "facts" to sell books and get paid to do interviews.

Think of David Icke in the English speaking world as a counterpart.

They dab in a bit of truth and exploit it into surreal senarios and present it as facts [their secret insider informers etc.] that only some could find plausable to believe. IMO

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.