Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will someone be able to advise on the subject?
Ejari, tenant or landlord to pay?

I read that the Ejari is the responsibility of the landlord but agent is telling me it's the tenant who need to get this done and payable by the tenant.

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I (tenant) had to pay for the Ejari fees, but I believe it was the real estate agent (landlord) who took care of the actual registration process for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same challenge at the moment - the agent wants me (the tenant) to take care of Ejari registration. I don't have a problem with this particularly, but its not clear how to do it.

The government website (ejari.ae) is only for Agents and Landlords. There are few unofficial sites like ejari.me and ejari-registration.ae but who knows if these are real or scams?

Is there anyone here who has done the process themselves and can explain the steps?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I used ejari-registration.ae and it was a very simple and quick procedure.

I had one query for which I was able to call and speak to a native English speaker.

All in all took a day to get the Ejari done once all the documents were uploaded and sent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the sharing and response.

I shall update my journey after once it's done.

Cheers!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Will someone be able to advise on the subject?
Ejari, tenant or landlord to pay?

I read that the Ejari is the responsibility of the landlord but agent is telling me it's the tenant who need to get this done and payable by the tenant.

Thanks!
It's 210 dhs....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the same challenge at the moment - the agent wants me (the tenant) to take care of Ejari registration. I don't have a problem with this particularly, but its not clear how to do it. The government website (ejari.ae) is only for Agents and Landlords. There are few unofficial sites like ejari.me and ejari-registration.ae but who knows if these are real or scams? Is there anyone here who has done the process themselves and can explain the steps?
I believe it falls under the agents responsibilities...
After all they are charging you 5% of a years rent, they should provide the service.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I believe it falls under the agents responsibilities...
After all they are charging you 5% of a years rent, they should provide the service.
Haha - getting a RE agent to do anything additional :D

The responsibility for having Ejari registration is on the tenant, it's for your own protection. Who you get to do it is up to you, some landlords are happy to do the process (mine was) simply asking for the payment in exchange for the certificate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.