Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of the newspapers available.. and more importantly who publishes//owns/ them.

Egypt's papers:

Al-Ahram: Daily, state-run, largest distribution in Egypt

Al-Akhbar: Daily, state-run, second to Al-Ahram in institutional size

Al-Gomhurriya: Daily, state-run

Rose al-Youssef: Daily, state-run

Al-Dostour: Daily, privately owned

Al-Shorouk: Daily, privately owned

Al-Watan: Daily, privately owned

Al-Wafd: Daily, published by the liberal Wafd Party

Youm7: Daily, privately owned

Al-Tahrir: Daily, privately owned

Freedom and Justice: Daily, published by the Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party

Sawt al-Umma: Weekly, privately owned

Al-Arabi: Weekly, published by the Nasserist Party

Al-Nour: Official paper of the Salafi Nour Party

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would be curious to learn who is behind al-Masry al-Yawm and Egypt Independent. This didn't exist when I lived here last 12 years ago. Any ideas?
About Al-Masry Al-Youm

Al-Masry Al-Youm for Journalism and Publication is an independent Egyptian media organization established in 2003. Its board is headed by Kamel Tawfiq Diab and includes a number of prominent Egyptian businessmen.
The organization issues Al-Masry Al-Youm daily newspaper, Egypt's foremost Arabic-language independent daily. The first issue of the paper hit the market on 7 June, 2004 and its editor-in-chief is Magdy El Galad.
The organization also runs www.almasryalyoum.com and www.almasryalyoum.com/en which include an extensive multimedia section and an English Edition.
The editorial policy of Al-Masry Al-Youm publications is independent and balanced journalism within the framework of the highest professional standards incorporating the latest developments of the media world to our content.
Contact us:
Lina Attalah
Managing Editor
[email protected]

Saif Nasrawi
Managing Editor
[email protected]

Nora Younis
Multimedia Managing Editor
[email protected]

Fathy Abu Hatab
Online Community Manager
[email protected]

Multimedia
[email protected]

For copyright inquiries and content usage requests
[email protected]

For feedback on the content and performance of the website
[email protected]

Advertisement
[email protected]

Al-Masry Al-Youm
49 Mobtadayan Street, El-Qasr El-Aini
11 Gamal Eddin Abul Mahassen Street, Garden City
Tel:+2-02-2792 6183/7 - +2-02-2798 0100
Fax: +2-02-2792 6331

·
Registered
319 Posts
About Al-Masry Al-Youm

Al-Masry Al-Youm for Journalism and Publication is an independent Egyptian media organization established in 2003. Its board is headed by Kamel Tawfiq Diab and includes a number of prominent Egyptian businessmen...
Thanks! I wasn't clear, but I was wondering more about the affiliations of these "...prominent Egyptian businessmen..." I just found that according to Wikipedia, Kamel Diab is the grandson of publisher Salah Diab.

Al-masry Al-youm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts