Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!,

Well, I set off for Australia on the 28th of November. Flights booked, tea crates sent, tennants found for the house and waiting to move in. Seems I am all ready bar a couple of boxes which need to go to my parents loft for safe keeping. I am so ready, but nervous, scared, excited etc....... Feel very odd!

:plane:

I'll be moving to Melbourne to join my wife, who has veen there a couple of years. We broke up and she left to studdy nursing, but we want to give it another go, and I decided I would rather join her there. I could not get the right visa due to age and lack of university education (Skilled Migrant) and any way I have hated working in IT for the last 10 years, I really don't want to do it any more. So I got a student visa, and I am going to study engineering, as it has always interested me. Should see me through the next few years while we decide what's next. It was very easy getting the student visa, took a couple of days to come through.

We are looking for a place up neer reservoir as that is close to where she studdies. Can't wait to get there now, it is hell hanging arround wating.

He he - well, any tips or advice? I am bound to have forgotten something! LOL

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Matt,

I dont really have any tips but just wanted to say I feel the same. My flights are booked for the 18th January and I am filled with equal amounts of (bordering on) mild panic and excitement. At the same time I am absolutely dying to just go now. Its the waiting thats awful.

You sound really organised. I still have to rent out my house and I still havent told my boss at work which I really must do as I want to finish up work at Christmas. :eek:

Best of luck with the move.

ae

Hi everyone!,

Well, I set off for Australia on the 28th of November. Flights booked, tea crates sent, tennants found for the house and waiting to move in. Seems I am all ready bar a couple of boxes which need to go to my parents loft for safe keeping. I am so ready, but nervous, scared, excited etc....... Feel very odd!

:plane:

I'll be moving to Melbourne to join my wife, who has veen there a couple of years. We broke up and she left to studdy nursing, but we want to give it another go, and I decided I would rather join her there. I could not get the right visa due to age and lack of university education (Skilled Migrant) and any way I have hated working in IT for the last 10 years, I really don't want to do it any more. So I got a student visa, and I am going to study engineering, as it has always interested me. Should see me through the next few years while we decide what's next. It was very easy getting the student visa, took a couple of days to come through.

We are looking for a place up neer reservoir as that is close to where she studdies. Can't wait to get there now, it is hell hanging arround wating.

He he - well, any tips or advice? I am bound to have forgotten something! LOL

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Matt,

can't suggest you much, just wanted to wish you luck

anj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts