Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will apply for EE2 next week and unfortunately i got a criminal record for fare evasion (was so unfair) my question is ?

Will this criminal record affect my application for eea 2 :(
thanks

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Yes, it can have an effect, but my personal opinion (which is in no way authoritative) is that it's unlikely, as the offence was not drug, theft, or security related. The main concern with a criminal record is threat to public safety, but the home office is given quite a bit of leeway to determine when a criminal offence is legitimate grounds for exclusion. Best to be up front about this, and possibly seek legal advice.

Reactions: Nick123

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got this criminal offence in my first month in UK because I used my wife's travel card and I did not know that I'm not allowed to you use, my wife she is pregnant and I'm so scared if I will not get the eea2 that will destroy my family :(

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
But still an act of dishonesty, which raises eyebrows at Home Office. What you should do is to declare, take full responsibility for your actions, you were in the wrong and punishment was deserved, and that it won't happen again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot joppa and clever-octopus for your response
well i really want to declare it but the problem is i received summons for the court and me i will plead guilty which i just find out that i do not have this criminal offence now but when if i plead guilty i will receive it for sure , so do i need to declare something i do not have it yet ?
or is there any thing i can mention it in my application ?
thanks a lot for your help

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You have to declare, and you will have a court record as you have been summonsed by a court. Even people with speeding offence have to declare.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I Got this criminal offence in my first month in uk bcz i used my wife travel card and i did not know that im not allowed to you use , my wife she is pregnant and im so scared if i will not get the eea2 that will destroy my family :(
Does the OP think this will wash in court?

Whats next - using your wife's passport to enter the country and say that you don't know you cannot use your wife's passport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.