Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am in a loop here. Came into the UK with my husband and children all three of them are EEA nationals, from Italy...where we have been residents for 11 years. Husband is Italian, children are also Italian citizens but I am still American. UK doesn't recognise my Italian ID or residency card. UKBA stamped my passport in the airport with a visitor visa valid for 6 months and states I have no authorisation to work or receive public funds. I have since been offered employment and have been asked to sign my contract next week. I have to bring a passport, bank account details and my NIN (insurance number) which I should have on Friday. I was told by Citizens Bureau (an agency who offers free advice) to apply for the EEA2..which entails sending my passport along with the application and fee. Problem is...can I accept this job in any way, shape or form? I thought I had the same rights entering the UK as my EEA husband, no need of a visa...and surprised to be stamped as though I never entered with my EEA family. Now I am kicking myself for not obtaining this prior to the move. Any advice would be immensely appreciated! We have an apartment, kids are in school, our GP has been selected, my bank account will be opened tomorrow...but the information online is hard to follow as its repetitive.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.