Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm job seeking and the only document I've to support my right to work in UK is my COA, however yesterday my application has been refused with right to appeal.

Actually I'm in doubt if I should reapply, appeal or request reconsideration.

In this meaning time: Is my COA still valid ? Can I use this document or if my new employer decide to check with the HO , the HO will say something like: This document is no longer valid, he don't have right to work.

Also, my NIN is under process. Is my NIN jeopardised ?

·
Registered
38,988 Posts
Now that you have a decision on your residence card application, COA is no longer relevant.
According to Home Office ruling, you no longer have the right to live and work in UK, and should be planning to leave the country. If you lodge an appeal, you can stay while you wait for the outcome. You should be able to work, but in the absence of documentary evidence, you will have a tough time convincing an employer.
National insurance number isn't relevant in your current situation.

·
Registered
38,988 Posts
All I am saying is that having a NIN won't help you get a job in the absence of residence card.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
All I am saying is that having a NIN won't help you get a job in the absence of residence card.
OP is an USC. In the US you must have a Social Security Number (card) to even be considered for a position. I trust he's just trying to compare.

Animo
(Cheers)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.