Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty! as expected I went in to a national insurance number interview and they said no (but very nicely). they said get a residence permit or COA and then we can issue it

any advice on this? any suggestions on what to put?
application
fee
photos of us
my entire passport
certified copy of husband's ID card
certified copy of perm residence card i have in Greece
one payslip (the original i assume?)

is that all?
we live in a house of multiple occupancies or whatever, so the most we can do is have our 'landlord' write us a letter saying we live there.
we have a joint account at our bank, but we have no transactions made and haven't even put any money on it (only made it to receive money for jobs)

so I've never had a bank account. how would i get a bank statement with both our names on it..?

ALSO im a bit worried. on a previous post i read the person said that nowadays people often don't even receive COA. the person who was applying said he got his TWO MONTHS later.
??
that seems ridiculous to me. there is no way to get one within a month?
i really need to work to keep our funds normal.
it seems weird how i should be able to legally work since im his wife yet they want proof and now they don't even give proof within a normal time manner??

anyway i hope someone responds! i need reassurance.
thank you!

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
The thing about EEA2 applications is that Home Office is flooded with them, and since there are a lot of scams involving EU route, they have to scrutinise every case (about half are subsequently rejected). Under EU rules, they have to issue the residence card within 6 months (which they often can't keep) and COA 'promptly', but the sheer numbers involved means there is a delay. You now have to pay £55 per application so one hopes they can channel more resources in tacking the backlog without compromising administrative integrity.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think one month for a COA is reasonable, but I've been reading people not getting theirs for up to 4 months and even never getting it at all.
If you don't receive yours in a normal time frame, can you call and ask about your case? Or do you simply have to wait forever?
Does calling even do anything?

Also, the list I included in my question, are those what I have to include? is there anything I left out, or you'd suggest?
thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.