Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm about to send off my application for RC (EEA2) and registration certificate for my Lithuanian wife (EEA1). I just wanted to go over the documents I have prepared in order to ensure I've not left anything out.

I'm currently living in the UK on an EEA Family Permit which expires in December. My wife is an Erasmus student who studies on exchange at a UK university, but her home university is in Lithuania. Her enrolment here is until December but she is in the process of extending this for the next semester as well. Her final semester (i.e. from September, 2014) will be spent here writing her thesis (and searching for a job of course).

Here is the list of all documents:

• Completed EEA1 Application Form; Completed EEA2 Application Form
  • Payment info completed: £55 for her on EEA1 and £55 for me on EEA2
  • Signed cover letters from both of us. The letters detail our intention to reside in the UK on a permanent basis, that she intends to sponsor me as her non-EEA national spouse, that we intend to support ourselves from her scholarship and savings (in my account), that she does not intend to rely on welfare for support, as well as further details regarding the peculiar situation with her studies (as I mentioned above). - Anything else we should add here?
  • Both of our current passports
  • ID Photos (4 of her; 2 of me)
  • Her UK university enrolment letter (until Dec), and signed learning agreement between the UK uni and her Lithuanian uni.
  • Evidence of her scholarship (Erasmus grant)
  • Comprehensive sickness insurance proof (for both of us)
  • Our translated/certified Lithuanian marriage certificate (dated December, 2010)
  • Signed tenancy agreement (through rental agency) showing prepaid rent covering till March
  • One utility bill with our names/address - should we include additional bills here or is one sufficient?
  • Past 3-months bank statement for her (Lithuanian account)
  • Past 3-months bank statement for me (Australian account)

And I believe that's it (hopefully I didn't omit something). Is there anything else I should consider?

Also, I note that some married persons mention they have sent documents detailing evidence of their relationship (co-habitation etc.) for the period BEFORE they entered the UK. Is this really necessary? The fact I have a current EEA FP should be evidence enough, correct?

Many thanks, as always, for your assistance. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,

Were you successful in your application ?

I was wondering because I am in more or less the same situation...I am a non EEA national applying for the residence card and my husband is Italian. We are already living the UK together.
My question is, was the EEA1 for your wife necessary? Was it helpful?

My husband doesn't have one. Would that be problematic?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.