Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

I am about to apply for an EEA 1 for me (EEA National) and EEA 2 for my wife (Non EEA National). As I am currently a student I was wondering how can you show evidence that you have CSI? I have a private insurance from my own country that covers me while overseas (for the majority of the costs) an my parnet is currently employed by an UK employer so I guess she doesn't need it.

So I just add my insurance poly copy to my supporting documents even though it is going to be in a foreign language only? (they cannot issue an English document for it)

Also, regarding the sponsors finances part for the EEA (FM) how are you supposed to fill it?

Thanks!

MBA1413

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey guys,

I am about to apply for an EEA 1 for me (EEA National) and EEA 2 for my wife (Non EEA National). As I am currently a student I was wondering how can you show evidence that you have CSI? I have a private insurance from my own country that covers me while overseas (for the majority of the costs) an my parnet is currently employed by an UK employer so I guess she doesn't need it.

So I just add my insurance poly copy to my supporting documents even though it is going to be in a foreign language only? (they cannot issue an English document for it)

Also, regarding the sponsors finances part for the EEA (FM) how are you supposed to fill it?

Thanks!

MBA1413
Have a look at the link below for some helpful information on CSI -

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2017/02/24/permanent-residence-fact-sheet/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look at the link below for some helpful information on CSI -

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2017/02/24/permanent-residence-fact-sheet/
Thanks for the link but it doesn't say how you should present CSI... and while I would love to use EHIC, I am no longer applicable for it. So at this time I am just wondering if there's any way I can show this? Perhaps some sort of certificate in English by the health insurance company that says I have this policy and falls under the CSI of the UK?

I actually asked for certificates and they said they didn't have this... so I am not sure what other options are available.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks for the link but it doesn't say how you should present CSI... and while I would love to use EHIC, I am no longer applicable for it. So at this time I am just wondering if there's any way I can show this? Perhaps some sort of certificate in English by the health insurance company that says I have this policy and falls under the CSI of the UK?

I actually asked for certificates and they said they didn't have this... so I am not sure what other options are available.
When you buy your CSI, you should get a policy document to tell you what you paid for - just like travel insurance. You need to send in proof that you have CSI as an EEA student in the UK.

https://www.ukhealthinsurance.com/c...MInM2-3eGW1wIVQyrTCh21ngCuEAAYASAAEgLOF_D_BwE

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.