Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have been living in UK for more than a year holding a EEA family Residence Card. Recently my circumstances have changed as I got a the Spanish citizenship that I've been claiming for more than 6 years. This means that now I hold two nationalities: the Spanish and the Mexican which I first used to apply for the EEA visa.

I understand that the correct thing to do is to inform everyone in UK about this, specially because all my information is related to a nationality that requires a visa to remain and work. That menas I have to inform the Home Office, Social Security NIN, my employee, my bank, my tenant, GP, etc.

Unfortunately, I have found no way to inform the Home Office. All I have found are forms to report changes when you hold a Point Based Visa or a BRP, but EEA visa is non of those. And there is no email or telephone to contact and get some answers.

Could anyone, give me an idea of what is the easiest way to report my circumstances to Home Office, and all other offices???

Thank you all for reading!

·
Registered
39,032 Posts
There is no real need to inform the Home Office about your new nationality, as you are still covered by the existing residence card as family member. It's just that you no longer need it as you can exercise treaty right yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.