Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an American citizen based in Washington, DC and my fiance is an Italian citizen and phD student based in London. We are getting married on July 6, 2015 and I plan to join him in London through the EEA family permit. Does my fiance need to apply for the EEA national registration certificate once we are married but before I apply for the EEA family permit?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Buddy,

at first after marriage you have to apply for EEA-Family Permit, which you will get for 6 months

and then after reaching London you have to apply for EEA2residence visa and Registration certificate for your wife.

and now all applications after april 6th will be accompanied by a surcharge of £200 for NHS.

for more info, kindly check this link and let me know if you need more info:

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I went through the EEA family permit application online and saw that it asked for the EEA National Registration Certificate Number for my spouse. Does that mean he has to apply for this before we submit the family permit application?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi! In my limited experience it's not mandatory for the EEA national to get it, just leave it blank. Also NHS surcharge doesn't apply if you're taking the EEA ROUTE if I remember correctly. Unless something changed recently.

just look through the posts tho. Lots of info available. good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.