Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi expats, I need some ideas in regards to our application.
I am a female eea national and my partner is not.. We applied for a residence card inorder to get him legally stayed and work in uk with me as he is an "over stayer".. My worry is that we live together for only about 13months but in a relationship for over 2yrs.. As the woman, i work full time and demonstrated over 5000pounds in my account, letters and declaration from my mum etc. What are percentage/% chances that he will be given RC?:confused:

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Under EU rules, Home Office aren't supposed to take into account the applicant's immigration status, unless they are going to refuse on national security or greater public good grounds (the decision to ban must be taken by Home Secretary or senior civil servant at Home Office).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies... Still hopefull as my solicitor said it all depends who is handling the case and their discreetions they?.. Will he still receive COA before interview and all that stuff?..pls

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
It isn't a question of discretion. He doesn't meet the requirement as unmarried partner of 2-year cohabitation. And UKVI getting very tough about issuing residence card. He may still get CoA but that means nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It isn't a question of discretion. He doesn't meet the requirement as unmarried partner of 2-year cohabitation. And UKVI getting very tough about issuing residence card. He may still get CoA but that means nothing.
Ok thank you, will the CoA come with right to work or do we need to contact again to send another CoA? as some people suggest.. I appreciate your help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone, just wanted to share my time line...
06/05/15 Application sent, received the following day
8/05/15 Acknowledgment received
21/05/15 COA received, work unconfirmed
26/05/15 Biometric done....
Question? Can anyone please advice me whats next am expecting and how soon on average?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone, just wanted to share my time line...
06/05/15 Application sent, received the following day
8/05/15 Acknowledgment received
21/05/15 COA received, work unconfirmed
26/05/15 Biometric done....
RC approved 3/11/15...
Finally a sigh of relieve after a very long wait and patients...No home visits, interview or writing.. We are elated, even though some said we stand no chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.