Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I’m an EEA citizen living in the UK as a student, my wife is non-EU (South African). She is currently here on an EEA Family Permit.

My questions is on the online application process for the EEA Registration Certificate.

I recently applied for the EEA(QP) online – I included my non-EEA spouse in this online application (which is possible as per ...visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-qp), does this serve as her application for a Residence Card (i.e. equivalent of filling out the EEA(FM) form?), since non-EU spouses don’t get Registration Certificates? If not, what is the purpose of including her in this application, and can I now submit a EEA(FM) for her, even if the online application has been sent?

Appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,

I know that applying online with EEA (QP) will grant the RC to the EEA (FM) applying with his/her.

However there is a specific case when actually the application can not be completed online. As the one below.

"
How to apply as a qualified person
You can apply for a registration certificate online.

You can’t use this service if you’re a student or self-sufficient person and you’re either:

reliant on a family member for financial support
financially responsible for any other family members
If you can’t apply online, you can either:

download and fill in the EEA (QP) form "

As I am student (EEA memeber) and reliant(not sure what this means but he is the only one working in the family and I have some savings)on my husband who is non EEA member we can not apply online? Have anyone experinced anything like this.

I see that the online application is identical to the paper one, we will provide the same infomation so I don't understand the difference. If anyone is able to advise and has experienced this situation and applied online no matter what, it will be great.

I spoke to a lawyer and he said we could apply online but I don't want to application to be rejected because if this sentance and we to be asked to reapply.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for bringing back this old topic back but its very important since I'm in the very same situation as expatdoc was in the past.

Currently I'm in the UK with Family Permit which will expire in December.
I'm thinking about applying online for EEA(QP), being my wife the EEA and I the Non-EEA.
I would appreciate if somebody could share the outcome for the Non-EEA. I'm aware that the EEA receives the Registration Certificate.

How about the Non-EEA?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.