Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received a lot of good advice in the past from the forum and I am hoping someone could help once more as my husband and I are preparing to submit the EEA1 and EEA2 applications today.
The issues is I only started working 2 days ago ( I had a break in employment for 2 months for which I have proof of seeking work). From this current employer I managed to obtain a work contract, although it is not very professional looking, no company logo or headed paper, it was sent in an email. I also managed to have them send me a scanned copy of the filled out Section 3.B Employer's Declaration of the EEA1 form. The questions are:
- since I just started a few days ago and I don't have any payslips yet, will the aforementioned proofs be enough to show that I am working?
- Is it ok if i also fill out section 4 - previously working in the UK - as I have proof of that such as payslips, p45, letter accepting my resignation, proper work contract, etc.
- I am awaiting to hear back from another company with a much better employment offer next week. If I take on another job next week but have already submitted the EEA applications with the details of this job, would it be ok if I announce HO next week of the new job with a new work contract?

Thank you

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
Hard to tell. Home Office is getting very strict in applying rules so I expect them to scrutinise your job evidence and may contact you or your employer for further clarifications. If you do change jobs, you are supposed to let them know - there's online form for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Joppa.
I wasn't able to send the documents today as I noticed that the EEA2 form also had a section asking for the EU citizen's employer to fill out and stamp. I suppose it won't be enough that I got them to sign just the part in the EEA1 form?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally managed to send the application on Tuesday and I saw that they charged the card on Friday. Meanwhile after submitting the documents, I received the better job offer I was waiting for. I am supposed to start next week, but if they call the employer mentioned on the application, they will say I don't work there. The questions is how do I update the HO in time about changing my job if I don't have a case number yet? Do you know where I could find the online form used to update them?

Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your reply. I only have my current job for less than 2 weeks. If I change the job so soon will it affect my husband's EEA (FM) application in the sense that they may send the COA without certifying his right to work ?

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
It's hard to tell what they may do but as I've said they are getting much stricter in enforcing rules, esp in doubtful circumstances, such as frequent change of jobs.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I only have my current job for less than 2 weeks. If I change the job so soon will it affect my husband's EEA (FM) application in the sense that they may send the COA without certifying his right to work ?
I wouldn't anticipate such, but as soon as you get a pay slip or two send them in with a brief cover letter. Remember to make reference of his application number.

Animo
(Cheers)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.