Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum,

I want to understand EEA permit. Suppose my wife is British citizen and I am Indian citizen, can I apply for eea permit. Does under EEA permit, will I be able to work and stay longer ??

Please help me explain this.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi forum,

I want to understand EEA permit. Suppose my wife is British citizen and I am Indian citizen, can I apply for eea permit. Does under EEA permit, will I be able to work and stay longer ??

Please help me explain this.

Thanks
If your wife is a British citizen and is currently living in the UK, no, you are not eligible to apply for the EEA permit.

You can apply for a spouse visa, though, from India-you cannot come to the UK on a visitor visa and apply whilst in the UK-if your application for the spouse visa is approved you can come to the UK and work. However, for the probationary 27 months, you will not be permitted to access any Public Funds, and you must pay for NHS healthcare for the first 12 months after arriving to the UK on the spouse visa.

Start your search for information on the spouse visa at the following link, because I think in your situation the EEA FP is a no-go:

UK Border Agency | Partners and families

There are a lot of links to click through there, but the information you need starts there:ranger:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.