Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ive been browsing the website for a while now and have been unable to find anything that relates to my specific situation. Most of it just confuses me. The UK Border Agency website really annoys me. So I have turned to you all for some help!

First off, let me say thanks for some of the basic information that has been provided. Now onto the details.

I am an Irish citizen living in London. I am employed and have got all the bank accounts, lease agreements etc in place.
My fiancee (USA citizen) recently "moved" over to join me. She is here on a 6 month visitors visa.
We are getting married in June in the USA, and then will return to the UK to continue to stay.

Now onto the questions:
1 - Does she have to apply for an EEA family permit from outside the UK (in the USA when we get married), or can she join me on the return and apply from within the UK? (this is unclear on the border website)
2 - If she joins me from the USA (without the application being completed there), can she seek work immediately? Or would she re-enter on a visitors visa?
3 - Will there be border issues if we just return?

Thanks in advance for any help! :D
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
Not open for further replies.