Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I live in UK and my wife is in Iran.
She is going to apply for the EEA permit online in Iran and set up an appointment in the visa centre in Turkey. This seems about right, right?

We are a little bit unsure of how it all works. After the application has been made online she gets a date given for an appointment, then how long does it take to get the EEA permit visa on her passport?

Also i am not sure what sort of documents to send to her. a copy of our marriage certificate and my passport photo enough or is there anything else needed for her in order to successfully process the application online?

Lastly I don't have to send any original documents to her as I have everything with me? I can scan and send it off however.

Thank you, any advice suggestions would be helpful

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The way it works is she applies online and pays the fees, goes to Turkey for biometrics and submission of supporting documents (with copies) and her passport, which is copied and returned (so that she can return to Iran). When the application is approved (usually in about 2 weeks), she will be instructed to send her passport for EEA family permit to be inserted and returned with her original documents.

You need original marriage certificate (with English translation where applicable), your EEA passport copy certified by embassy and a letter from you asking for EEA family permit to be issued to your wife so that she can join you in UK. This is the minimum you require, but if you haven't been married long, you may wish to add some evidence of a genuine relationship, such as photos, travel tickets, Skype, joint accounts, tenancy etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the reply

The process in Turkey does that last a few hours or longer? Because all she is doing just giving few documents that's being copied that's all.

I didn't understand what you mean by sending her passport for EEA permit to be inserted and returned with her original documents, do you mean sending it back to Turkey? So she send her passport to turkey then her passport will get a EEA permit on there and then sent back again right?

Right I will send her the marriage certificate, and will visit the Dutch embassy to get a passport copy. I will send her my 3 flight tickets, along with my Iranian visas, and all the photos that we have

Thanks again sir.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
2 hours? More like 30 min.
To avoid having to travel to Turkey again, if the permit is approved, she will get an email requesting that she send her passport to Turkey so that they can insert the permit and return it to her. If it's denied, she just gets her original documents returned with a refusal letter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joppa you are amazing!
thank you very much.

we will ensure we provide all the documents. but i am a little uncertain of whether i should send her a copy of my passport without the EEA embassay approval copy.

thanks again really appreciate it.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You must get copy of your passport biopage certified by the embassy. This is a requirement. They are used to doing it, but will probably charge a fee.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joppa. quick question after my EEA PERMIT is expired when i apply for resident card will this be accepted? because I don't want her to go back to her country. i want the resident card to get accepted after the 6 months.

thank you

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so she just has to look for a job after the 6th month and part time can be accepted too. i find it weird how some people choose the spouse visa way and not this.

thanks joppa really appreciate it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
so she just has to look for a job after the 6th month and part time can be accepted too. i find it weird how some people choose the spouse visa way and not this.

thanks joppa really appreciate it.
Eea permit holder doesnt need to do job just her sponsor need job and I think you are doing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.