Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I need some help here about Eea national treaty rights. My wife is eea national and I'm non-eea national. I have full time job but my wife she working befor but she can't find any job from last two months and don't know she can find in next few months. So what's the best way to show her treaty rights?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can apply for your residence card on the basis that your EEA wife is a qualified person for being self-sufficient (i.e. being supported by your income). There is extra stipulation, in that you both need comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI - private medical policy), which costs around £500 a year per person. If she can get even a part-time job (minimum 16 hours/week), she becomes a qualified person as a worker and you don't need CSI. You can apply as soon as she gets her first payslip (showing minimum hours).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa. Thanks for ur reply... Sorry I not mention that, I already got 5 residence card.. We got married 2 and half year before.My question is about future for apply for PR . And also my relationship is going well. So if it's something gets wrong. How I can show her treaty rights?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Should you divorce, provided you have been married 3 years when divorce proceedings started and you have lived in UK together for a year, you can apply for retained right of residence, with a new resident card. After 5 years (in total) in UK, provided you have been exercising treaty rights as though you were an EEA national, you can apply for permanent residence.

If you just separate without getting divorced, you can apply for continued right of residence, as long as your EEA partner is still in UK exercising treaty rights. Should she leave UK, you no longer have the right to remain in UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi we still live together. I want show my wife self sufficient . We have joint account which is active. How much fund should be keep in account with CSI to be self sufficient?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's generally assumed you should at least meet adequate maintenance requirement, which is £114.85 per week left after paying for rent or mortgage and council tax. It's much harder to determine with savings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is my income can count for my wife self sufficient funds in joint account?So it's roughly 460 per month and nearly 3k for 6 month.If we keep 3-4k in our accounts with CSI. Is it will be prove that my wife doing treaty rights? Thanks for your quick reply

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can try but there is no black-and-white rule unlike UK visas. I don't think £3,000 will be enough. More like £15,000 to £20,000. If you have regular income, that will be much better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Joppa. I contact few insurance companies. I get quota of 70-80 pounds month. Most of cover in-patients, full out patients and day patients cover. Scan ,MRI diagnose and few more things.. Is that will be fine as CSI?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Is it for the two of you or per person? It should cost around £500 per person per year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Joppa I check few insurance quota. Is lower or higher access make any affect on CSI ? Bec on higher access I get monthly premium little low. And also moratorium or fully underwriting make any difference on CSI? Which is better?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for answer .I ask them. Nobody gives clear answer... But it's cover all full out - patients, in patients and day patients scans Mri tests phisyotherpy etc...

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's probably ok but they should be able to answer that. If they are iffy, go elsewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.