Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all!
I was trying to find some information concerning my case but since I did not have any success so far I would like to ask and I apologize if I am repeating a question.

I am a EU citizen and I have been married to a US citizen since 2008. I have been working in UK since Jan 2015 but since I am staying temporarily with friends I cannot provide a tenancy agreement/council tax/utility bills for the EEA FP, only a letter they agree that my wife can stay with me until we find another place. The other thing is that the actual property owner does not know I am staying there.
Any ideas how can I get out of this? Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are you possibly referring to the documentation required for a (non-EEA) spouse visa? For EEA FP, I don't believe you need to provide accommodation details beyond a contact address.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi, all!
I was trying to find some information concerning my case but since I did not have any success so far I would like to ask and I apologize if I am repeating a question.

I am a EU citizen and I have been married to a US citizen since 2008. I have been working in UK since Jan 2015 but since I am staying temporarily with friends I cannot provide a tenancy agreement/council tax/utility bills for the EEA FP, only a letter they agree that my wife can stay with me until we find another place. The other thing is that the actual property owner does not know I am staying there.
Any ideas how can I get out of this? Thanks!
Apart from what Secretlobster has said, you need to be aware your friends ( Tenant) may well be breaching their Tenancy Agreement if you are living there without the knowledge and express agreement of the Owner. Your friends need to check the wording on the Tenancy Agreement and act, but they need to careful as the Owner may not be sympathetic and then they are in trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apart from what Secretlobster has said, you need to be aware your friends ( Tenant) may well be breaching their Tenancy Agreement if you are living there without the knowledge and express agreement of the Owner. Your friends need to check the wording on the Tenancy Agreement and act, but they need to careful as the Owner may not be sympathetic and then they are in trouble.
I know its a little complicated and I was not aware of that when I moved in. And regarding Secretlobster's question - yes, it is about non-EU wife EEU FP.
The obvious option for me in that case is to find another place where I can get a tenancy agreement.
Nonetheless, I would like to hear whether there any other options or would the lack of that proof would be a cause of a possible permit refusal.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I know its a little complicated and I was not aware of that when I moved in. And regarding Secretlobster's question - yes, it is about non-EU wife EEU FP.
The obvious option for me in that case is to find another place where I can get a tenancy agreement.
Nonetheless, I would like to hear whether there any other options or would the lack of that proof would be a cause of a possible permit refusal.
The question Secretlobster asked needs to be considered. It may well depend on where your spouse now lives. It could be under the Freedom of movement of Labour within the EU you are OK but it is something I am not expert to comment. Possibly a MOD can help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.