Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My brother is a EEA national living with our mother who is a non-EU national. He is looking to apply for EEA FP for her and currently she isn't working. I have searched the forums and read about proving financial dependency but how can he prove that since they live together and he works and pays the bills.

But since our mother is the owner of the house all the bills are mentioned under name making it difficult for him to prove that he pays the bills.

My question is what documents can prove her financial dependency on him?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Get utility bills and how the amount due comes from his bank account, such as direct debit, cheques, card payment etc.
For food etc, just attach supermarket bills and explain he settles them by card payment etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since they live together its not always possible to pay for groceries with debit/credit cards. Sometimes they have to use hard cash for payments as well. Is there a limit on how many bank statements they need? Plus our mother is unemployed so that would mean someone has to pay her bills?

Also do the house contracts have to be back-dated in the past? Like from 6 months or even if its recent then it would be ok (like 1 or 2 months)?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.