Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
first of all I'd like to thank you for the advice posted on here- it's been one of the few things keeping me sane.
I have a few questions:
1. I'm an EU national married to a US national, and we have applied for an EEA family permit. We emailed UKVI yesterday regarding the application and they responded saying that the application has been processed. Does anyone have any idea how long they are likely to take to send it back? Also, why don't they send them back immediately?
2. We've been living in the US, so he doesn't have an Article 10 residence card. If the permit application is denied, could we just apply for entry at the airport by asking for an EEA Dependent Ink Stamp? Can we apply for a Residence card at the airport? What would be the requirements for these?
I've tried asking UKVI about these issues, but they're thoroughly unhelpful :(
Thank you in advance for any help!

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
#1 You should get it soon. Maybe a few days? It's being sent out from NYC. We normally find that the issue date is up to a week before you get your passport back. I suppose they have lots of applications to process and mailroom is busy.
#2 You can try but no guarantee you will get code 1A stamp, esp if your family permit application has been denied.
You can't apply for residence card at the border. You have to apply once you are in UK and living there. You must be a qualified person, exercising treaty rights in UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Joppa.
We had a flight booked for this weekend; I'm going to have to change it, and I just wish I knew when to change it to.
Since he's a non-visa national, could he just enter the UK without a visa and apply for a residence card when he gets there or do they frown on that?

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
In that case ask for code 1A stamp. Asking for visitor leave means he will be going home and not staying on in UK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.