Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need some more advice from the experts on this forum. I am a US citizen and my husband is an Italian citizen. We both live in the US, we have lived together for more than 2 years (We got married in February), my husband has never lived in the UK for more than 3 months, and we are travelling together. I am about to apply for the EEA Family permit this week but I have a couple of questions first. What exactly do we need to include in the cover letter and is it supposed to be written from my husband's point of view or mine? Can someone please look at what we have and tell us if this is acceptable?:

To whom it may concern
Dear Sir/Madam,
Subject: Declaration letter from EEA national
I,
First Name: XXXXXX
Last Name: XXXXXX
Place of birth: XXXXXX
Passport (Italian) Number: XXXXXXX
Date of immigration to the United States: XXXXXX
Hereby certify that I will be travelling with my wife,
First Name: XXXXXXX
Last Name: XXXXXXX
Place of birth: United States of America
Passport (USA) Number: XXXXXXX
To the United Kingdom.

[Here he talks about how we met, our relationship, and what we are planning for the future.]

I respectfully request that my wife be granted an EEA Family permit, based on my treaty rights as an EEA national, for which I am submitting the following supporting documents:
• Marriage certificate
• My Italian passport
• My wife's American passport
• Bank statements (Shared account)
• two passport photos
• A letter from my wife <I wrote a short declaration letter clarifying that I will be travelling with my husband.
• A letter from my parents <We have been living with my husband's parents and they will include a letter saying that we helped with rent/utilities.
If you have any questions please contact me at: XXXXXXXX

Is this okay? Is there a specific way we need to word it if we plan on staying in the UK?
Also, when we first fill out my application if we do not know our exact travel date should we just leave it blank? Would it cause a problem if we end up leaving at an earlier or later date than what we put on the application?

Thanks for any help. I am beyond stressed.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Way too long. Just say you are travelling to UK and would request EEA family permit to be issued to my spouse to enable travelling together. Just enclose additional documents to show genuine relationship. Travel date determines when the permit should be valid from. If you leave it blank, it will be valid from the date of issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the documents listed above enough to show a genuine relationship? I thought we just need to show that it is durable with bank statements and whatnot if we're married. Is it because we have only been married for 3 months?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope a few photos are enough because we were never into social media or texting. We have been together for almost 8 years though.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Whether it's enough or not is up to ECO. I think so but I don't give advice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question! Since my husband is an EU national and not UK, if they deny my permit because they think our marriage is not genuine wouldn't this go against his freedom of movement? I thought this was one of the reasons why they hate the family permit. We will still give them any evidence we have but I'm just curious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.