Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me again. Sorry for spamming the forum with questions but I am finally filling out my EEA FP application and we need some more help. My situation: I am a US citizen and my husband is an Italian citizen. We both live in the US, my husband has never lived in the UK for more than 3 months, and we are travelling there together. We have a few questions about the application. The type is Settlement and Marriage. Our questions are pretty straightforward:

1. How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
Since we plan on staying we wrote indefinite. Is this an acceptable answer?

2. What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
We do not know where we will be staying yet. Can we just leave it blank or put N/A?

3. Family Details
They ask for spouse information, and after that they ask for Mother and Father information. Are they asking for my husband's mother/father? Or do they mean my mother and father? If so, I have no contact with my father and my mother has passed away and never owned a passport. Can we just fill in what I know?

4. Employment
Is it necessary to tell them where I currently work and how much I earn? I previously read that you do not need to share financial information for the EEA family permit. Should I just enter my occupation information and place of employment?

5.Sponsor Details
My EU husband is my sponsor but the relationship drop down menu does not say spouse, only partner or other relative. Would Partner be the correct choice?

6.Additional information
We have the option to give additional information. Is there anything you would typically recommend putting here?

7.Payment
If we need to pay the NHS surcharge after we complete the application do they accept US dollars or do we need to pay with Pounds? We haven't confirmed the application yet so we can't tell.

Thanks for any reply and we really appreciate all the help we have gotten on this forum. We wish everyone else the best of luck with your applications.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops. Okay good thing I asked because we didn't see that option. There is no non-settlement option but we found "EEA/Swiss Family Member - Family Member of an EEA National" under other.
Some of my questions still apply though. Should we leave the financial information blank? It's asking things like the cost of our trip and how much income we make. It's also still asking about parents and we aren't sure who's.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dear Jamantha,

kindly check the following

2. What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
You might have hotel bookings, from my experience N/A can raise questions but if you are okay with
It then go for it but ideally you should mention hotel details.

3. Family Details
They asking for both of you, check page where it says information about EEA national, that’s where your husband’s details will go. And then in another section your’s

4. Employment
In my application i gave them as much details i can give, i gave them all of my salary slips and letter from work. I guess it shows the person is legit otherwise what’s the point of putting a question there if the answer is N/A. It could be N/A for those who ain’t working.

5.Sponsor Details
Yes your husband is your sponsor

6.Additional information
Just mention how passionate you are for each other and you want to settle in uk for long term because this visa allows you to settle otherwise people can get visitors visa if they just want to live in the uk for 3 months but EEA-FP leads one to permanent settlement route so HO has to be rest assure that the person they are allowing is looking fo long term permit.

Just be honest to them as there is no harm in mentioning stuff.
I also showed them 100 photographs which included my past 5 years pics with my wife who is an EEA national. I do understand it’s not important to give extra information and keep it neat and clean but there should be proof also to make them believe as it’s not a marriage for advantage to access uk benefits.

7.Payment
All payments must be done in GBP

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's a very easy process, Joppa helped me a lot, this forum is really helpful, do search for it and you will be on your way to this beautiful country :) good luck
may joy be with you
xx
ricky

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
As you are both in US, application is very simple. Ignore all questions about finance, job, income etc. Leave blank or write N/A. Attach your passport, photos, certified copy of EEA passport and a letter from EEA citizen stating they are going to UK and would request EEA family permit for your spouse so that they can accompany you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Ricky but we accidentally chose the wrong category so most of that actually does not apply to us.

THANK YOU Joppa. I was afraid to leave anything blank but after more searching online I see that it's okay to do so and I trust anything you say. Do you happen to know if they accept US dollars for the NHS surcharge? We'll find out after we submit our application later today but it's better if I can find out if I need to convert funds sooner.

We already have all of our other documents ready so all we need to do now is to send our application and get my biometrics appointment.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Health surcharge must be paid by card, and if it's a U.S. card, the sterling amount will be converted by your card issuer and debited.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Application submitted and biometric appointment is scheduled at the end of this week :)
Thank you so much for your help and for correcting my silly mistakes.

I almost had a heart attack because there wasn't a submit button for my electronic signature, but I used a different browser and thank goodness it worked. We also didn't even need to pay the surcharge! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.