Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My wife is a qualified person in the UK who is a Romanian national. We have been married since 2008 and together since 2006. We came here from Romania in 2011. At the time of entry I received a 6 month visa stamp in my passport and i had a Romanian family residence card (Which did not seem to matter to the border officer). I have now been in the UK for almost 4 years with no extension or application for an EEA family permit. So basically I have overstayed my visa by quite some time.

My wife has been in salaried employment now for 18 months and was self-employeed before that. We have had a child since moving here and she is now 2 1/2 years old and is currently stateless (not registered with any country for nationality). My wife also attended University and completed here MSc here in Scotland.

My questions:

Will my overstay be a problem for my application?

My wife's salary is £18,000 per annum. Will this be problem?

Do we need CSI (insurance) even though on the application it only seems to apply to self-employed/students/job-seekers?

If my application is refused will i be removed from the country?

Any help recieved would be greatfull.

thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Your 6-month stamp (Code 1A) only confirms the status you already have and doesn't confer any extra right, so you aren't technically an overstayer. Provided you can meet the requirement as family member of a qualified person, there is no reason why you should be refused residence card.
Her income is fine.
You don't need CSI.
If you are refused, they will say they will take steps to remove you, but you can re-apply or appeal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.