Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to ask for any idea about eea family permit. I am a non eu (Filipina) married to an eu citizen (Portuguese) who is in the UK working full time 40hrs since January 2015. We have been married for 1yr and half.

a. I am currently living in Portugal for almost a year unemployed. Does a residence card here is needed for the eea fp application? We applied for a residencd card for a family member of EU citizen last December with Portuguese immigration but on the 2nd of January he migrated to England to work. After more than six months the immigration finally decided to refused my application for my husband isnt working and living here. My schengen visa when I went to PT has expired as well 8months ago. I was just wondering if I may have problems with this for it was stated in the guide of supporting documents: evidence of permission to stay in the country where you are not a national? Though I can submit the copy of the original (do i need to have this certified true copy?) and translated copy of the documents being given the acknowledgment receipt that I requested for it as well as the decision letter front page.

b. With the mandatory user fee of £59 to use the visa application center especially in Lisbon, do the applicants for eea fp need to pay for this? however in my account with visa4uk it is stated "payment not required" i was just wondering bcz what i knew the eea fp is free of charge, does that goes too witj the vac user fee? how about for the courier services will they return my passport in my home address free of charge?

c. Will the ff documents are enough for my application aside from the completed online application form?
-valid passport & previous passport
-my husbands certified true copy of his passport data page and arrival stamps
-his current work contract, recent letter from employer, payslips and P60
-his previous work contract, payslips and P60 for he used to work wayback January 2015-March2015 eventually change job in a construction site which is his current work then he have previous part time jobs as well 4hrs
-bank statements
-signed support letter that he is inviting me to come to UK to join and live with him, he will be supporting me financially etc...
-marriage certificate from PH and international marriage certificate from PT since we got married in PH and registered it as well in PT's civil registry
-my birth certificate from PH and his from PT
-photocopy of the letter from HMRC re: national insurance number
-accomodation letter from landlady since he is renting a room staring that she will allow me to stay in the rented room with my husband...
-photos of the house
-copy of a utility bill/council tax statement
-photos from 2012-2015 (40 or more)
-phone records (screenshots from viber and phone calls)
-chat transcripts (selected from viber, facebook and gmail more than 10pages)
-letters (6cards)
-travel tickets and boarding pass that he went to PH 3times as well mine when I went here in PT
-various receipts from wedding supplier, hotel and condo where we used to stay, attraction park tickets
*letter from dvla re vehicle tax (i dont know if this is needed)
d. lastly does the minimum income requirement is also applicable for eea fp applications?

Many thanks for taking your time to see my post and looking forward for any response. ?

mapvg

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
a. Under Medock Judgement, you don't need to be legally in Portugal to apply for EEA family permit.
b. It should be free. Any extra service you require such as courier return has to be paid for.
c. Far too much! Just passports, husband's passport certified copy, current work contract or payslip (latter is better), letter, marriage certificate with translation, accommodation letter or, better still, signed tenancy agreement (with translation). Just a selection of evidence about relationship. There is no explicit financial requirement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Joppa! I was a little relieved although I saw in the eea guidance as well it is not necessary to be lawfully or normally a resident in the country where you apply. With the user fee I was just really confused �� because payment not required in my visa4uk account but in tp's account they only have priority visa services (in which i think no need bcz eea fp applications is already prioritized) and biometric applications for british nationals. They do not have the option for the added services for return courier. Our place is 3h away from Lisbon.

Does the applicants for eea fp required to pay the health surcharge?

Thanks for your response I appreciate it ☺

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks once again Joppa, anyways quick question does it matter or will it affect the application if you answered No to the question: Do you intend to work in the UK? I was supposed to answer yes bcz i wanted to work there aside from being with my husband to help each other with the living expenses. But I eventually answered No bcz upon checking the eea fp did not state there that I can work. Just to be safe I answered No and will apply for the EEA(FM) once I am there in which I knew that within few weeks they will give you the Cert. of Application for the eligibility to live and work there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.