Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I am an Indian citizen. My spouse is Slovakian citizen. I have Temporary residential Card. We want to move to UK. I applied for EEA family permit. I want to know that:
1. After having EEA family permit, if I always need my EU spouse to enter in UK?
2. As I read EEA family permit include work permit, If my spouse come to visit to Slovakia for 2 months then is it illegal to work for me that time though I have 6 month family permit?
3. For EEA resident card, is it mandatory for my wife to get a job?
4. If I arrange a job but my wife cannot arrange a job then can we apply for EEA resident permit?
5. If I arrange a job before my wife then can I apply for work permit visa?
6. How long we need to stay in UK to get EEA resident permit?

Please give me suggession.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 No, but your wife must be based in UK.
#2 No, provided she is actually based in UK (has her main home).
#3 She has to be a qualified person, which includes being in work, running a business, studying or self-sufficient.
#4 Yes, but in that case your wife will be self-sufficient (being supported by your income) and you both need comprehensive sickness insurance, costing around £500 a year per person.
#5 What is work permit visa?
#6 You mean residence card? You can apply for it as soon as she becomes a qualified person, exercising EU treaty right in UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 No, but your wife must be based in UK.
#2 No, provided she is actually based in UK (has her main home).
#3 She has to be a qualified person, which includes being in work, running a business, studying or self-sufficient.
#4 Yes, but in that case your wife will be self-sufficient (being supported by your income) and you both need comprehensive sickness insurance, costing around £500 a year per person.
#5 What is work permit visa?
#6 You mean residence card? You can apply for it as soon as she becomes a qualified person, exercising EU treaty right in UK.
Thank you so much for your quick reply. It helps me much.
I am a newcomer in EU so lots of things seem complicated to me. I would be glad if you clear the following things to me:
1. EEA Family permit always including work permit?
2. To prove that my wife based in UK, can I simply rent a house and show the paying slip that we are living UK and my wife is in a visit to Slovakia for 2-4 moths?
3. To prove my wife self-sufficient, how much money does she need to have at least?
4. Sorry for the term "work permit visa", actually I wanted to mean UK Work Permit scheme. Can I apply for work permit even I don't apply for a resident card?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Yes, you can work with EEA family permit but since it's only valid for 6 months and says nothing about allowed to work, not many employers are willing to give you a job, esp permanent one.
#2 Your wife has to be based in UK, and not just visiting from her home in Slovakia.
#3 There is no set amount, but normally you need to meet the maintenance requirement, which is having £114.85 per week left over after paying for rent or mortgage and council tax.
#4 Work permit scheme has been replaced by points based system. For a skilled worker, you normally apply for Tier 2, but since you are here under EU rules, you can just apply for residence card, provided your wife is a qualified person living in UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#1 Yes, you can work with EEA family permit but since it's only valid for 6 months and says nothing about allowed to work, not many employers are willing to give you a job, esp permanent one.
#2 Your wife has to be based in UK, and not just visiting from her home in Slovakia.
#3 There is no set amount, but normally you need to meet the maintenance requirement, which is having £114.85 per week left over after paying for rent or mortgage and council tax.
#4 Work permit scheme has been replaced by points based system. For a skilled worker, you normally apply for Tier 2, but since you are here under EU rules, you can just apply for residence card, provided your wife is a qualified person living in UK.

Thanks a lot for the information. Well, I talked with one company in UK they will give job to my wife. As my wife is pregnant so the company agree for maternal leave. And we want to apply for Resident Card.
But the problem is my wife wants to stay in Slovakia and give birth in Slovakia. And I don't know how to handle it now. If the inquiry from Resident Permit come about her, and they found she is in Slovakia in that time, can I simply show her medical leave and say that she will come after delivery, does it help anyway? I feel much anxious about this...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.