Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm now in UK with a tier4 visa I would like to know if I can apply for a family permit from UK, because my sister arrived 2 weeks ago from Italy (she is Italian) and we are living together in a 2 bedroom flat the flat on here name but she is not working yet she has a property in Italy she rent it she doesn't really need to work and she doesn't need benefits, so is it possible to apply from UK or I have to go back to my country?

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
To start with, you can only apply for EEA family permit outside UK. You may be able to apply for residence card, and your sister must be a qualified person, i.e. exercising treaty rights in UK ( e.g. by working).
Problem with that is a sibling doesn't count as family member, only extended family member, and just sharing the same address won't qualify you to stay in UK under the EU regulations. You first need to be financially dependent on her substantially though not exclusively (usually taken as at least 50% of your living cost), and have been for a good length of time (e.g. since before you came to UK). So unless you can show record of receiving monetary help from her over a period of time, such as bank statements, it's unlikely that UKVI will approve you for a residence card or EEA family permit.
Read https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../file/421243/Extended_Family_Members_v2_0.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for you answer, was helpful.
So when I was in my country she use to send me money for many years by Western Union but I don't have the receipt I don't know if western union can print them to me again

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
You need written evidence that she used to send you substantial amount (up to 50% of your living cost) regularly over a period of time (length not specified but years and not months). Without documentary evidence, you stand no chance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi joppa can you plz help me on this

Currently im holding 5year RC as a famlily member of eea national (my dad) my dad is exercising his treaty rights as self employed since 2008.i came in the uk on a student visa in 2010 and in 2011 I got RC ( over 21 child dependent on my dad).

After getting my RC im self employed since that time . regarding my PR application do i need to show dependncy on my dad or what ?

what do i have to include in my PR application.

help will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance joppa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.