Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all i live in South Africa with my two children and my partner of 7 years now, i have a British passport, however my children and partner only have South African, my work is looking to transfer me to our branch in the UK, i have a lot of family in the UK including my sister and her husband and children, would i be able to apply for the EEA family permit for my two children and partner? and if so do i become the sponser for them all or can my work be the sponser as they have a sponsership number? :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, since you are British, they can only get unmarried partner and dependant visas. You need to meet the financial requirement, which is £24,800 with two children. Getting Tier 2 General visa for your partner will be difficult, unless they are in shortage occupation. I presume your partner doesn't work for the same company as you and cannot be moved on intra-company transfer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, no he is not with the same company he Is a site manager for a thermal insulation company here in South Africa, what If the company I work for was to offer him secure employment in the uk? The amount mentioned above that Is per year Is that correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes my company would employ him that will not be a problem, great thanks for the link will check it out now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.