Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I live in Goa, India. He recently acquired Portuguese nationality through naturalization. We are planning on moving to the UK together with our 2 year old son but the EEA family permit form that has to be filled is so confusing. some questions I have are:

1) The EEA nationals permanent address?
I will be writing his address in Goa.

2)Who will you travelling with?
I will be travelling with my son and my spouse. there's a follow up question whether my son has a visa. the thing is I am applying for a family permit for him as well along with me. so should i answer Yes, no or not required?

3) How long do you wish to stay in the UK?

4) Are you being sponsored by a person?
Should I write my husbands details or should I say no as I have already said that Im being supported by my husband as I am a homemaker.

Many people who I have encountered with in Goa have their application rejected because they did not submit their financial details and accomodation details in the UK. What is the minimum amount I can show just to be safe? I do not have a problem in showing the bank balance. just wanted to know what amount will be acceptable as my son will be travelling with us.

·
Registered
38,944 Posts
#1 Current address.
#2 Yes. They can see what you are doing.
#3 6 months - the length of the permit.
#4 You don't need to answer that or just put N/A. When EEA citizen and family members are outside UK (or EEA partner has been in UK for less than 3 months), you don't need to answer any finance-related question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joppa.

Many people are saying that the Family permit will be rejected as my husband has never been to Europe. He is a Portuguese citizen through naturalization. Will it affect us? As we are going to apply for a permit for my son and me as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.