Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

i'm a greek national and my partner is a filipino national. i've stayed here in the philippines for over a year to be with my partner. now, we want to go to live and work or even get married in u.k. the soonest possible and easiest way possible. we did our research already. and i think that the eea family permit suits best on our case.

regarding with the eea family permit of unmarried partner. if i understand it correctly we need to show that we have a "durable relationship" of 2 years. me and my partner are almost 2 years already but unfortunately, we aren't 2 years yet. is there a way to waive this? or to prove in any other way that our relationship is durable.

if this couldn't be possible what are our other options?

please adive.

thanks so much

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
additional question, what does a qualified person mean in EU regulations? Can me and my non eea partner still go together in uk even if im still a job seeker? or can i find a job online and an accommodation be a qualified person for my non-eea family member partner to go with me in uk?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
hey,

i'm a greek national and my partner is a filipino national. i've stayed here in the philippines for over a year to be with my partner. now, we want to go to live and work or even get married in u.k. the soonest possible and easiest way possible. we did our research already. and i think that the eea family permit suits best on our case.

regarding with the eea family permit of unmarried partner. if i understand it correctly we need to show that we have a "durable relationship" of 2 years. me and my partner are almost 2 years already but unfortunately, we aren't 2 years yet. is there a way to waive this? or to prove in any other way that our relationship is durable.

if this couldn't be possible what are our other options?

please adive.

thanks so much
If you can provide enough evidence that your relationship is not one of convenience, you should be fine. For that matter, you might have to include with your VFA5 application, lease agreements, insurance policies, etc. The more solid evidence you send, the easier the decision for an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) will be.

additional question, what does a qualified person mean in EU regulations? Can me and my non eea partner still go together in uk even if im still a job seeker? or can i find a job online and an accommodation be a qualified person for my non-eea family member partner to go with me in uk?
All EEA citizens have a 90 day "grace" period. In that time, you can do anything you want, except recourse to public funding. After those 90 days, you are expected to start exercising European Treaty rights. See this: UK Border Agency | How to apply for residence documents as the non-EEA family member of an EEA national

I have also found this very educational. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:158:0077:0123:EN:PDF

Your partner can come with you or after you, never before. He/she will be grilled by Immigration and gracefully send back home.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks animo for your reply.

do you have any idea if my non eea national partner can go with me together in uk even if i still don't have work (i mean exercising my treaty rights - to be a jobseeker)? like for instance if i have an employer already there and i paid for the accommodation already. do you u think that's possible?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
thanks animo for your reply.

do you have any idea if my non eea national partner can go with me together in uk even if i still don't have work (i mean exercising my treaty rights - to be a jobseeker)? like for instance if i have an employer already there and i paid for the accommodation already. do you u think that's possible?
Yes, your partner can come with you - only- if family permit has been issued and stamped on his/her passport.

You don't need to have a job or accommodation, as you have 90 days to decide what to do: work, travel, relax, etc; after that you need to start exercising European Treaty rights.

Like I said, gather all important and relevant documents to support your application; make sure you also include a polite cover letter indicating your partner is traveling with you.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great!!! thanks so much animo

does that mean it's not a requirement for my non eea partner to get an eea family permit? coz i read something that as an eea national to be a "qualified person" i need to be there in uk for 3 months and get a registration before my non eea partner can be granted with eea family permit.

thanks so much in advance

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eligible eea national?

hey guys,

can someone elaborate what an eligible eea national means in accordance to EU regulations?

does this mean that an eea national can qualify as eligible if he has a job, accommodation and he's physically there? im asking this question because thats what the agency that we inquired told us. meaning to say the agency suggested that i, as an eea national should go to uk 1st and find a job and accommodation before my non eea national partner can get his non-eea family permit?

also, if you have any reliable link to explain this.

please enlighten be on this because me and my partner would really want to go to uk together.

thanks so much

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
great!!! thanks so much animo

does that mean it's not a requirement for my non eea partner to get an eea family permit? coz i read something that as an eea national to be a "qualified person" i need to be there in uk for 3 months and get a registration before my non eea partner can be granted with eea family permit.

thanks so much in advance
Please read carefully: Your partner NEEDS to get a family permit to enter the UK with you. It is issue free of charge, and very quick. But you need to convince an ECO your relationship is real and durable.

The registration you are referring to, needs to be handled once you are here.

Animo,
(Cheers)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i understand that perfectly. the thing is that the agency that we inquired informed us that it's part of the requirement(s) to get an eea family permit. is that true?like for instance the "registration" that you mention i know that it can only be obtained in uk. my question is, if this registration would also be a requirement for my non eea partner to have his permit be approved.

thanks so much for your reply

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
yes i understand that perfectly. the thing is that the agency that we inquired informed us that it's part of the (1) requirement(s) to get an eea family permit. is that true?like for instance the "registration" that you mention i know that it can only be obtained in uk. my question is, if (2) this registration would also be a requirement for my non eea partner to have his permit be approved.
thanks so much for your reply
Thank you for queries! They kept me from throwing out the window and into Thames river one of my clients:D

(1)Yes, your partner needs a family permit to enter the UK.

(2) No, it's not required at this stage.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
hey guys,

can someone elaborate what an eligible eea national means in accordance to EU regulations?

does this mean that an eea national can qualify as eligible if he has a job, accommodation and he's physically there? im asking this question because thats what the agency that we inquired told us. meaning to say the agency suggested that i, as an eea national should go to uk 1st and find a job and accommodation before my non eea national partner can get his non-eea family permit?

also, if you have any reliable link to explain this.

please enlighten be on this because me and my partner would really want to go to uk together.
What it means is that the EEA national is exercising treaty rights in UK, such as working, job-seeking, studying, being retired, of independent means or not working due to long-term disability. If you fall into any of these categories, you have right under EU law to bring your family members - spouse, partner, children etc. As for money, housing etc, the EU leaves that to individual state to lay down and enforce (principle of subsidiarity), but basically you mustn't become undue burden on the host country. How this is interpreted by UK varies, but basically you must be earning or have funds which is just above the trigger levels for welfare benefits like income support. But since all EU citizens are allowed to look for work for up to 3 months, only those who have lived in UK longer than 3 months are subject to financial requirement. Generally speaking it isn't as strict as the one imposed on migrants under UK immigration law, but you can take it as a useful rule of thumb.

So in youir case, your partner can apply for EEA family permit to accompany you as job seeker, so you don't need a job already arranged in UK.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for queries! They kept me from throwing out the window and into Thames river one of my clients:D

(1)Yes, your partner needs a family permit to enter the UK.

(2) No, it's not required at this stage.

Animo
(Cheers)
awesome! so for my non eea partner to be granted with the eea family permit all he needs to show is our genuine relationship, letter from me(stating that all the expenses will be covered by me), both our passports, birth certificates, vaf5, etc. is that also necessary that we need to show sufficient funds? also, if i need to have already booked for accommodation and do i need to have employer there already?

just to clarify. with the provision listed below, this won't in anyhow affect the approval of eea family permit? or would there be any other documents that we need to show in replacement of what are listed below if we will go to uk together and im exercising my rights to be a job seeker?
UK Border Agency | Supporting documents for an EEA family permit

If the EEA national has lived in the UK for more than 3 months, you must provide evidence that they are a 'qualified person'. This evidence could include:

their contract of employment, wage slips and/or a letter from their employer, if they are a worker;
evidence of their National Insurance contributions, Construction Industry Scheme card (if applicable), lease on business premises, contracts, invoices, audited accounts and/or bank statements, if they are self-employed;
a school/college/university letter confirming their enrolment and the completion date of their course, and/or a bank statement or evidence of a grant or scholarship, if they are a student; or
evidence that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves and their family members for the period of their residence in the UK, if they are self-sufficient.

sorry for so many questions, we're just so confused with the information of different sites.

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
As Jrge has explained, if you are travelling together to UK with your partner as a jobseeker, you don't need a job, or accommodation or financial information to declare for his EEA family permit application. Just about the only criteria for rejection would be 'partnership of convenience', a sham or non-genuine relationship just to facilitate your partner's entry into UK, i.e. a visa scam. So make sure you enclose evidence of your relationship from the start to the present time, such as photos, travel tickets, cohabitation (if applicable), engagement, CP.

May I suggest you calm down a bit and don't keep going over the same ground that has been amply covered by respondents. 1000s of people apply for EEA permit each year and most have no or little problem getting approved, as basically all EEA citizens have legal right to bring in family members.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you so must for your answers everyone.i would try to relax now and see things with logic.i would like to ask if someone knows if philippines is a country that my non eea family member can apply online or must fill out the vaf5?and we can online where i can fidn this form?please advise me coz here in philippines most of the agencies they tell you wrong and fraud things.we are alone on that and we need so much your advise. thats why forgive me if i insist in some things that i ask.like in this application they need also financial proves from me or general to declare?we want the things to be right and start finally our lives in a country that gives many opportunities for that.than you again everyone

·
Registered
494 Posts
thank you so must for your answers everyone.i would try to relax now and see things with logic.i would like to ask if someone knows if philippines is a country that my non eea family member can apply online or must fill out the vaf5?and we can online where i can fidn this form?please advise me coz here in philippines most of the agencies they tell you wrong and fraud things.we are alone on that and we need so much your advise. thats why forgive me if i insist in some things that i ask.like in this application they need also financial proves from me or general to declare?we want the things to be right and start finally our lives in a country that gives many opportunities for that.than you again everyone
See here: UK Border Agency | Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

Quote:
To apply for a visa, you must:

- complete and submit a visa application form; and
- visit our visa application centre in Manila.

You need to complete and submit the application form online.

You will need to print out and sign your completed form. If you do not have access to a printer when you apply, you will be able to log in and print out the form later.

You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.

When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.

teuchter

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See here: UK Border Agency | Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

Quote:
To apply for a visa, you must:

- complete and submit a visa application form; and
- visit our visa application centre in Manila.

You need to complete and submit the application form online.

You will need to print out and sign your completed form. If you do not have access to a printer when you apply, you will be able to log in and print out the form later.

You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.

When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.

teuchter

thank you so much. but i don't think so that eea family permit is not tantamount to visa. do you think there's a specific application form for eea family permit? is the vaf-5 is the form that we need to fill-out?

thank you so much and more power

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks so much teuchter.

as i browse with the form. im wondering if we could leave some things blank like for instance the financial proof. since both and me and my partner are unemployed but we have sufficient funds though for our trip to uk. also, joppa-the moderator mentioned that if im a jobseeker i dont need to declare any financial information. do you think guys the eea family permit would still be approve even if i leave the financial information blank?

please advice

thank you

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
thanks so much teuchter.

as i browse with the form. im wondering if we could leave some things blank like for instance the financial proof. since both and me and my partner are unemployed but we have sufficient funds though for our trip to uk. also, joppa-the moderator mentioned that if im a jobseeker i dont need to declare any financial information. do you think guys the eea family permit would still be approve even if i leave the financial information blank?

please advice

thank you
1) Leave it blank, or
2) Put down: N/A or
3) Not relevant

You don't have to provide any financial info. Last summer, when I applied for my family permit I didn't provide any financial info at all.

Animo
(Cheers)

Reactions: miltbrave

·
Registered
494 Posts
thanks so much teuchter.

please advice

thank you
According to the UKBA site: UK Border Agency | Supporting documents for an EEA family permit you only need to provide financial proof if the EEA national (you) is a 'qualified person', meaning you have been living in the UK for 3 months or more, which you haven't. (Joppa already explained this to you in one of the other threads you started.)

Given that you and your partner have been together less than 2 years, I would therefore play it safe and provide more than the basic requirements in terms of documentation to prove the genuineness/longevity of your relationship, as Joppa has already suggested.

teuchter

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.