Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m just looking for some advice with regards to the EEA unmarried partners permit. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

I am an American citizen currently on a Tier 4 student visa in the UK (expires in January 2016), my partner is an Irish citizen working full time in the UK. We have been in a relationship for a little over four years (met in South Korea in 2011) and moved here together in September 2014. The requirements for the EEA unmarried permit state that we must prove cohabitation for the last two years. Unfortunately, although we lived together in South Korea, the companies we worked for provided our accommodation, so no utilities etc. were in our names. Also personal post was usually sent to the offices of our separate jobs for convenience. So we can’t really prove cohabitation through the suggested means (e.g. utility bills, tenancy agreements, etc.). So my question is does anyone have experience or advice on other methods to prove cohabitation for the two years previous to our application? We have lived together in the UK since September 2014 and can provide loads of documentation for this (tenancy agreements, bills). We can prove our relationship for the past four years through photos, e-mails, social media, etc.

Also, because I’m currently on a Tier 4 visa, can I just apply for an EEA family permit in the UK? Or would I have to apply for this back home in the U.S.?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Perhaps a letter from each of your Korean employers verifying the address, in English?
You apply for residence card within UK, on form EEA(FM). The fee is £65.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.