Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just applied for the EEA family permit for my wife, now i just need some help regarding the support letter from the EEA national.

In the letter do i write that me and my wife are intending to MOVE to the UK once granted the FP, or should i write that we will be TRAVELLING to the UK.

Does it make any difference? Really cant afford to make any mistakes as the misses is pregnant, and can only travel this month to madrid,, after that she'll be in her last trimester and would nt be able to make the 8 hour journey there.
Plus in the support letter im writing that we will be travelling together, and ive written my parents address as thats were we will be staying. Do i need any other proof of acomodation or is the address in my letter sufficient.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It doesn't matter how you word it, provided you make clear your intention to go to UK, and would like your non-EEA spouse to accompany you. That address is sufficient.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
Hi, just applied for the EEA family permit for my wife, now i just need some help regarding the support letter from the EEA national.

In the letter do i write that me and my wife are intending to MOVE to the UK once granted the FP, or should i write that we will be TRAVELLING to the UK.

Does it make any difference? Really cant afford to make any mistakes as the misses is pregnant, and can only travel this month to madrid,, after that she'll be in her last trimester and would nt be able to make the 8 hour journey there.
Plus in the support letter im writing that we will be travelling together, and ive written my parents address as thats were we will be staying. Do i need any other proof of acomodation or is the address in my letter sufficient.

Thanks
Here's a generic template: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/924696-post23.html

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have got the FP

Hi,

Here's a generic template: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/924696-post23.html

Animo
(Cheers)

Hi, thanks so much for all your help, my wife has got the family permit now.
we will be moving at the end of december, so will apply for the resident card then, the expiry date on the family permit is 3rd march 2014, so we will have sometime left to apply for her RC.

ok one quick question, do we use the eu passport line or all other passports.?

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
EEA Family Permit - advice

Hi Spanish_Londonner - I just came across your messages and I thought you might be able to help me with some information. I'm a British citizen and am looking to move back to the UK with my wife who is American. We have both been living and working in Barcelona for 4 years, with her residency based on her marriage to me. I thought I would need a UK marriage visa but now see we can get her residency in the UK through the EEA family permit. I see you have done the same and thought you may be able to offer some insight. Such as... How long did it take from the appointment to get the permit? Was there an interview? Was anything problematic about the whole thing?

From what I can tell the whole thing seems pretty straight forward, and much cheaper and easier than applying for a UK marriage visa. But like you I just need some reassurance. Any information you could provide would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Eea family permit

Thanks
Hi Spanish-londoner, i am appyling EEA family permit for my wife and my son in nairobi kenya i need your

I need your help to find out what kind of documents do i have join with the application form as a supporting documents ....

• Bank statement 6 month
    • letter from me
    payslip for 6 month
Mariage certificate and also birth certificate
  • Prouve of communication
    • prouve of sopurting my family sending money

My wife has a passport but my son he do not have a passport can i apply without passport for my son

my bank statement is negative ovedraw since 6 month

my income 800 Pound a month

anyone who apply EEA family permit recently please help

I am going next month to apply EEA FAMILY PERMIT

THNKS FOR YOUR HELP

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Spanish_Londonner - I just came across your messages and I thought you might be able to help me with some information. I'm a British citizen and am looking to move back to the UK with my wife who is American. We have both been living and working in Barcelona for 4 years, with her residency based on her marriage to me. I thought I would need a UK marriage visa but now see we can get her residency in the UK through the EEA family permit. I see you have done the same and thought you may be able to offer some insight. Such as... How long did it take from the appointment to get the permit? Was there an interview? Was anything problematic about the whole thing?

From what I can tell the whole thing seems pretty straight forward, and much cheaper and easier than applying for a UK marriage visa. But like you I just need some reassurance. Any information you could provide would be massively appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, I just want to explain the EEA permit procedure is very easy. I submitted the application on line and I was waiting only 9 working days from the day of submitting the signed application (in UK Embassy in Warsaw) and supporting documents until the outcome. There was no interview and no fee. No problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I just want to explain the EEA permit procedure is very easy. I submitted the application on line and I was waiting only 9 working days from the day of submitting the signed application (in UK Embassy in Warsaw) and supporting documents until the outcome. There was no interview and no fee. No problems.
HI Sunshine.

I have question about what did u submitted with your application
Did u you submitted any Bank Statement ....?

·
Registered
52 Posts
HI Sunshine.

I have question about what did u submitted with your application
Did u you submitted any Bank Statement ....?
Hi
I did not submit a bank statement.
Only the passports, marriage certificate, proof of long relationship (proof of address, lease agreement), UK job offers, letter from my spouse stating that we will be travelling together with my wife and she also described history of our relationship.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
I did not submit a bank statement.
Only the passports, marriage certificate, proof of long relationship (proof of address, lease agreement), UK job offers, letter from my spouse stating that we will be travelling together with my wife and she also described history of our relationship.
Hi,Thanks for your quick reply.

Where did you apply in Europe or Africa it may be different .
what did you mean proof of long relationship ?
proof of address yours address or her address ? did u mean accommodation ..?
lease agreement what is that

THanks again Mr sunshine01

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,Thanks for your quick reply.

Where did you apply in Europe or Africa it may be different .
what did you mean proof of long relationship ?
proof of address yours address or her address ? did u mean accommodation ..?
lease agreement what is that

THanks again Mr sunshine01
Proof of relationship: Lease agreement is rental agreement (both of our names were on), few photos together,
Proof of adress from last few years of me and my wife so we could show we were staying together before we got married, we also showed our plane tickets of our journeys together.
I applied in Poland.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Online EEA Permit

Hi, thanks so much for all your help, my wife has got the family permit now.
we will be moving at the end of december, so will apply for the resident card then, the expiry date on the family permit is 3rd march 2014, so we will have sometime left to apply for her RC.

ok one quick question, do we use the eu passport line or all other passports.?

thanks
Hi. My wife and I live in Ireland now but we want to apply for the EEA Permit for our return to the UK. I read online that we should do it online but I cannot find the online version. I was led to the Visa4UK website but that visa application form is different from the pdf version and costs over 1,000 euros. We could apply by the pdf but is it acceptable with the British embassy? What can we do?
Thank you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi

I filled in the application on this website( https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/) you will first need to register.
As far as I know you can ONLY apply on-line where you also book the date and time of your appointment when you must submit all the documents with printed on-line application.
I applied at British Embassy in Poland in Warsaw and that is how the proccess looked like.
I hope I could help. By the way the application did not cost me anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Family Permit

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. I went through that website you mentioned and filled it out. At the end it asked me to make an online payment of 1,124 euros. I know the permit should be free so I have no idea what's going on here.

Thank you anyway.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Did you choose the right option?
EEA family permit and not spouse/partner visa?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Biometrics

Hi guys

Thanks for the messages. The application has finally been made. Now I need to send off the supporting documents. But another thing... do we need to do this biometrics thing? We have an appointment to for the EEA Permit on the 4th of June but we don't have a biometrics appointment booked. Is that 100% necessary?

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
5 Posts
EEA FP for UNMARRIED PARTNER VISA guidance

Hello,

I am Indian citizen with UAE residence visa and working in Dubai whereas, my girlfriend (unmarried partner) is from Portugal and currently living with me in Dubai. We are in a committed relationship since 2012 however, we know each other since 2009 only thru Skype , Calls & Facebook. We began our relationship in 2012 february, my girlfriend couldn't move to UAE due to her Masters degree and I couldn't go visit her due to my work schedule back in UAE.

We finally met this February 2014 in Lisbon when i travelled to be with her! we have always planned to move to UK and settle down (Family/kids/Work etc.). Our plan was to move to UK before the end of OCT 2014. At the moment my girlfriend is here in UAE with me to do the visa process and help my settle everything before we move to UK. She is currently in Dubai on a tourist visa as she gets visa on arrival.

The documents we have for the EEA FAMILY permit as follows:

SKYPE history
Facebook chat history
Phone bills that i use to call her
Photos when i was in Portugal with family and in Dubai
Air tickets of my Girlfriend & mine that we travelled. (Portugal & Dubai)
Emails records
Whatsapp history (600 pages)
Passport of mine
Passport copy of my girlfriend Attested by the embassy of Portugal (Abu Dhabi)

These are the documents we have at the moment and wondering if we could apply for the EEA FAMILY PERMIT. If the visa is granted, we intend to travel together to UK at the earliest possible. If the ticketing information of our travel to UK is needed, We can certainly provide the same. We also have sufficient funds to support until we both find our jobs!

We really appreciate your inputs and advice on this regard!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lived in Ireland as a dual Irish/British nationality citizen, from November 2013 to the end of June 2014. My wife joined me in May. We applied for the EEA Permit at the end of May and went to Dublin for the biometrics and submission of documents. We submitted the marriage certificate, my wife's birth certificate, proof of my work and income, bank statement, proof of my British citizenship, both original passports with visa stamps for entry into her country, correspondence with HMRC, tax self-assessment for 2013, tenancy agreement in both our names and a utility bill in both names. Those were the main documents, and proving our relationship was real, complete with a dowry payment document from the bank.

Hope that helps a little.

Hello,

I am Indian citizen with UAE residence visa and working in Dubai whereas, my girlfriend (unmarried partner) is from Portugal and currently living with me in Dubai. We are in a committed relationship since 2012 however, we know each other since 2009 only thru Skype , Calls & Facebook. We began our relationship in 2012 february, my girlfriend couldn't move to UAE due to her Masters degree and I couldn't go visit her due to my work schedule back in UAE.

We finally met this February 2014 in Lisbon when i travelled to be with her! we have always planned to move to UK and settle down (Family/kids/Work etc.). Our plan was to move to UK before the end of OCT 2014. At the moment my girlfriend is here in UAE with me to do the visa process and help my settle everything before we move to UK. She is currently in Dubai on a tourist visa as she gets visa on arrival.

The documents we have for the EEA FAMILY permit as follows:

SKYPE history
Facebook chat history
Phone bills that i use to call her
Photos when i was in Portugal with family and in Dubai
Air tickets of my Girlfriend & mine that we travelled. (Portugal & Dubai)
Emails records
Whatsapp history (600 pages)
Passport of mine
Passport copy of my girlfriend Attested by the embassy of Portugal (Abu Dhabi)

These are the documents we have at the moment and wondering if we could apply for the EEA FAMILY PERMIT. If the visa is granted, we intend to travel together to UK at the earliest possible. If the ticketing information of our travel to UK is needed, We can certainly provide the same. We also have sufficient funds to support until we both find our jobs!

We really appreciate your inputs and advice on this regard!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Proof of relationship: Lease agreement is rental agreement (both of our names were on), few photos together,
Proof of adress from last few years of me and my wife so we could show we were staying together before we got married, we also showed our plane tickets of our journeys together.
I applied in Poland.
Hi,

The cover letter is composed as follow:

First Paragraph: A brief introduction of the EEA National and a description of their non-EEA spouse/patner. Details such as, length of marriage and details of their trip are very important.

Second Paragraph: Kindly and respectfully ask for the Family Permit to be issued, as indicated on DIRECTIVE 2004/38C, for which you are submitting supporting documents. Those documents need to be listed.

Third Paragraph: Kindly assure the information provided is true, and should they have the need to contact you, they can do it by email (make sure you put it down) or telephone (make sure to include international access codes)

SIGN IT!

Animo
(Cheers)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.