Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
we will be applying for EEA FP this week. I am Polish, my husband is from Cuba.
I have scans of all the documents (marriage certificate, my husband's residence cards, his passport), but: we are both still in Poland, I am planning to go to the UK in November and I hope he can join in January/February?
Is it too early? Shall we state a later date in the application form?
Since we do not have any job yet shall I state that I will go first and them my husband will join me?
Has anybody gone through the whole application?
Can you advise what else do I need for the application?
Do I have to make a Cover letter?
Do we need a letter from common friends?
Now I only have a 3 months job contrct in Poland, does it matter? It is very convinient for me due to the planned move to the UK.
Since we are married for over a 6 weeks do you think it may be a problem? Do you think the short duration of marriage and the time before this might be a problem?
Any other advice? Many thanks, Kasia

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Don't you need a job before you can move over with him? You have to be exercising treaty rights, which means working and living in the UK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have found that I can move with him and start from the sratch or I can already be there working. I have read it does not matter that much for CEO. Though I will go first and I will work.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Applying for EEA family permit is quite simple. You can apply up to 3 months in advance of your and your husband's proposed travel date. The only thing they may query is whether your marriage is genuine or not. So in your covering letter, add some details of your relationship history.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Joppa, I will.
but do I have to be there or can we go together? The plan is I go first and he joins me within 2,3 months.
By this time I have I will find any job so it will be easier.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
You can go first but application cannot be made more than 3 months in advance of his proposed travel date.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Joppa.
If I understand correctly we need to add scans as attachments of all the documents and he needs it all for expected interview, yes? Can he take more things to prove genuine marriage than we have send with the application? Do I need to add with the application for example: phone bills that demonstrate I called his home in Cuba, or can he take it for later?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
It isn't an interview as such but just giving biometrics and handing over supporting documents?
While you aren't legally required to include anything to evidence genuine relationship, I think it's safer to send a little, such as representative Skype logs and email screenshots. Plus a paragraph or two in the covering letter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And I wish it was an interview, my husband is good at interviews ... :) Let's see how it goes! Wish us luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dear All,
we will be applying for EEA FP this week. I am Polish, my husband is from Cuba.
I have scans of all the documents (marriage certificate, my husband's residence cards, his passport), but: we are both still in Poland, I am planning to go to the UK in November and I hope he can join in January/February?
Is it too early? Shall we state a later date in the application form?
Since we do not have any job yet shall I state that I will go first and them my husband will join me?
Has anybody gone through the whole application?
Can you advise what else do I need for the application?
Do I have to make a Cover letter?
Do we need a letter from common friends?
Now I only have a 3 months job contrct in Poland, does it matter? It is very convinient for me due to the planned move to the UK.
Since we are married for over a 6 weeks do you think it may be a problem? Do you think the short duration of marriage and the time before this might be a problem?
Any other advice? Many thanks, Kasia
Generally, it might be prudent to check whether you need to submit originals of certain official documents. When we applied, it was that suggested that copies might render your case incomplete.

It is generally useful to know the exact travel date when you fill out the application.

Whether you should travel together or not is unrelated to whether you have a job or not.

Yes, do write a cover letter where you put a summary of the application in your own words, and stating whether you will be travelling together or the spouse will join you later.

Job in your home country should bear little importance IMO.

You don't state anything about your relationship before you got married, but being married for 6 weeks is in it self not a problem. However, it is your duty to prove that your marriage is of a romantic nature, and you cannot prove this with the marriage certificate alone.

We added
Copies of receipt for wedding arrangements.
Original wedding invitation
Menu for the wedding dinner
Loads of pictures of us as a couple, meeting other relatives etc
Proof that we had been living together before we got married
Proof that we had travelled together

There was no interview, but we delivered all the documents in person.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many thanks! How long did you wait for the response?
If I still do not know if he will be coming alone or with me, it is 3 months ahead, can I state it? Can I say: it is very likely I will travel with my husband? I mean I will return from the UK and we will travel to the UK together? (for him it will be the 1st time, for me: return to the UK). We met November 2012, this may be an issue ... I am afraid of this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We waited ten days, but I'm sure this varies from place to place.

I suppose the main thing is that you state in writing in your own words that you do intend to to establish your life together with the applicant. (Technically, the applicant - your spouse- fills out the form, and the sponsor - you - confirms in writing the application in his/her own words).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It isn't an interview as such but just giving biometrics and handing over supporting documents?
While you aren't legally required to include anything to evidence genuine relationship, I think it's safer to send a little, such as representative Skype logs and email screenshots. Plus a paragraph or two in the covering letter.

Shall I make the letter very offical, or can it be more "humanic"?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can go first but application cannot be made more than 3 months in advance of his proposed travel date.
hello again. I still have some doubts:
Do I HAVE TO go first and look for a job? Or can we go together? I have read many threads and they made me confused. If I want to prove my treaty rights then I have to have a job in the UK, to prove I can maintain my husband, no? Please adivse.
Kasia

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.