Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a question regarding a family permit for my friend. We have read information all over the internet, but his situation seems to be very specific, thus I am asking you for help.

He is a Serbian national and his wife is Hungarian national. They are still living in Serbia but would like to move to UK soon. Now, she has the right to work in the UK, but because she is pregnant she is not able to work at the moment, but he would work if he had a family permit.
My question is, will they be able to go to UK in order to get this paperwork sorted. He would apply for a visitor visa, so they could both be there while she sorts her NI and everything else. This brings me to the second question which is about her. Since she is pregnant and unable to work, is there a way for her to be exercising European Treaty without studying or working (through being just a jobseeker perhaps), just so he can obtain his permit and then work and provide for her and the baby to come? And can he apply for a permit while in the UK on a visitor visa, or they both must return to Serbia and apply for the permit there?

Thank you very much for your answers. I hope someone will be able to help me.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As they are both travelling to UK, just apply for his EEA family permit now in Serbia. Once in UK, he can work, and can then apply for residence card based on his wife exercising treaty rights on self-sufficient basis, i.e. being supported by his employment. They will both require a comprehensive sickness insurance (CIS).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your response. I didn't know that it was possible to apply without being there. I had a read through the VAF5 application, and I have some more question with regards to it.

They have both just finished their studies and thus they are unemployed. How will that affect his chances of receiving the Family Permit? Do they need to meet some sort of a financial requirement? They have some savings, is there a minimum that will need?

And one more thing, do you know how long does it take for the application to be processed?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
There is no financial requirement. You can refuse to answer where they ask about your income, job etc.
About 2 weeks I'd imagine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.