1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am an Algerian married to a polish women living in Leeds UK
My questions are:
* My wife is renting a room with her own entry and her own bathroom, is that gonna be enough for applying.
* Do i need to print all our chat history or it will be enough to give them a CD.
* we have met only once which was the time we got married in it, will that effect us
* how long after marriage should i wait until i apply, we got married at the 23rd of this October .

Thank you ...

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Hello, I am an Algerian married to a polish women living in Leeds UK My questions are: * My wife is renting a room with her own entry and her own bathroom, is that gonna be enough for applying. * Do i need to print all our chat history or it will be enough to give them a CD. * we have met only once which was the time we got married in it, will that effect us * how long after marriage should i wait until i apply, we got married at the 23rd of this October.
You don't need to mention your accommodation. They don't accept CD but give some representative samples over a period of tome. Meeting only once may be seen as marriage of convenience, also applying soon after. You need to convince them your relationship is genuine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need to mention your accommodation. They don't accept CD but give some representative samples over a period of tome. Meeting only once may be seen as marriage of convenience, also applying soon after. You need to convince them your relationship is genuine.
she come to Tunisia where we got married there then we entered to Algeria when we had a wedding and she met my family (i have pictures)
will that be enough?

thank you for answering

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can explain all that, but I don't know if they will be convinced that your relationship is genuine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can explain all that, but I don't know if they will be convinced that your relationship is genuine.
so what to do to be sure that they will be convinced ... is there any way ... help plz

thank you Joppa for answering ...

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Well, yours looks like a typical case of someone marrying an EU national just for getting into UK and working. Meeting for the first time at the time of marriage hardly seems convincing evidence for a genuine relationship, does it?
I feel you have a lot of work to do.
How long have you known each other?
How did you reach the point of wanting to commit your lives to each other?
It's not enough to say you love each other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we know each other for a year and half b4 marriage, i know its not a long time maybe ...
but what made us know that we can be together for sure and it can work (if i will be obvious and frank with you) it was the time that my wife became Muslim so we have overcome the major reason that can cause a prob in our life because of all the differences we have...
my wife learning Arabic and can read and talk a bit wearing like Arab and Muslim women, she know how to cook Algerian foods, many of her and my friends and family support us ...
so what do u think Joppa

thank you again and again :p

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Well then, you have to emphasise those points like her conversion to Islam, learning Arabic ('which language do you communicate in?' is a question that is often asked) and efforts to lead a Muslim way of life. They may turn round and say, yes, but where is the solid evidence, isn't it all show and no substance, and any photographs you enclose which have her in Muslim dress may have been staged.
Try your best but a rejection looks likely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so is there any solid way to prove that my marriage is genuine .... what to do then? make her visit us again? ... is there any solution

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What it comes down to is if the ECO is satisfied that your relationship is genuine, which of course is subjective. As so many people abuse EU rules to get into UK, they do scrutinise every application, esp those that look like non-genuine, with a short period of acquaintance and only meeting for the first time for marriage.
What you can do is to build up a record of living together as a couple, possibly in Algeria or Poland (if you can get a visa), and then say after a year, apply for your EEA permit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Joppa for the solution but unfortunately i cant go to Poland because she work at UK and she cant come to Algeria because of her work also ...
I guess i will have to try my luck and see, hopefully that they can see we really want to live together and its a relationship for good ..
but can i apply again if they refuse my application or not?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok one last thing...
I have nothing to hide i will give them proof of my wife learning Arabic learning Arabic cooking .. how we planing to spend our life together and to convince them that we didnt want to meet only because we didnt want to sleep together b4 marriage which is sth forbidden in our religion.
What do u think Jobba?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You don't have to cohabit before marriage, but only meeting for marriage puts a big question mark on your marriage. You are expected to have had a period of engagement when you spend as much time together as possible to find out about each other, to be sure you are right for each other and want to spend the rest of your life together. While you can argue you love each other and are deeply committed, it's a question of persuading the ECO and this won't be easy. In case of an arranged marriage, a couple don't have much chance to spend time together and often love comes later, after the wedding and when you start living together. But I don't think yours is an arranged marriage so the ECO will look for evidence of genuine love, affection, devotion and commitment built up over a period of time, culminating in your marriage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Joppa i have news now from my wife i hope it will help our case, she will have a 3 weeks holiday in this Christmas so she will spend it with me here in Algeria..
What do you think? will that help us?
Is it better to apply and show the ticket of her plane or applying after she come and go back to UK?

thank you for answering

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joppa, if my wife will change her name to Mrs Latreche will that help ... what if she will change her full name also to an Arabic name will that help also?
Thank you ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.