Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have read almost everything written on this topic, but still some things are unclear regarding my application for EEA family permit. Here is a short background:

We are applying for my wife, to whom I recently got married after nearly 3 years of relationship. I have been a resident in the UK for almost 5 years, and now, she would like to join me. So, here is the list of documents I have, and for some of them I have questions. Also, please let me know if I am missing something.

1. My wife's original Non-EEA Passport
2. Passport size photograph
3. Certified Copy of my EEA passport (I did this when visiting her in Bosnia at their authority. Will this bi okay, or it must be certified by the issuing authority? If so, since I am in the UK at the moment, and she has an appointment this Thursday, will it be sufficient if I do it in the embassy here in London, and send her a scanned copy of it?)
4. Letter written by me giving a brief description of our relationship (since we got married recently), inviting her and asking for an EEA family permit to be issued. I have also outlined the supporting documents I am including in with the application.
5. 3 latest payslips to prove that I am exercising the treaty rights in the UK.
6. about 20 photographs from the past to show that this is a durable relationship, and a genuine marriage
7. My wife's previous passport to show travel history
8. Do I need to provide details of accommodation? I currently live with family, but once she arrives we well be moving to our own place together..
9. And our International Marriage Certificate (I believe this doesn't need translating as it also includes English as one of the languages).
10. She has been accepted and offered a place at a University, is it worth sending a confirmation of this as well?

So this is all I am sending, accompanied with the application form of course.

Thank you very much for your help.

P.S. One other thing, Since I have been a resident for almost 5 years, I will soon be granted permanent residency, and next year British citizenship and dual nationality. She will probably be granted a residence permit as soon as she arrives. How will the change of my status affect my wife and her status in the UK? Will she still be able to be a resident under the EU law? Will we need to change anything?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You don't need #10.
You should provide accommodation details.
The rest is fine, except that you don't need to mention list of documents you are enclosing, as they can see what's what.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. When I say accommodation details I mean, proof of address, tenancy agreements utility bills, etc. not only giving the address in the application, which I did...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But I don't have one as I live with family, and all utility bills are under their names. What alternative would you suggest?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
A letter from them offering you accommodation, with one bill (in their name).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.